View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sunday, Dec.18

Rate this Entry
by , December 18th, 2011 at 04:48 PM (1059 Views)
Drylands:

RC exercises
leg press, 290 x 3 x 12
lat pull down, 140 x 3 x 12
lower back machine, 110 x 3 x 20
total ab machine, 110 x 2 x 25
power squat, 180 x 3 x 15
leg abductor, 110 x 3 x 12

back extensions w/plate, 25 x 3 x 15
long arm crunches, 2 x 50
superman bananas, 2 x 30
captains chair, 2 x 15
reverse decline crunches, 2 x 15

Bike, 60 minutes

Stretching, 20 minutes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mr. Fort was home baking pies and cookies today, so I got in a long workout at the gym this afternoon. I kept the weights fairly light since I'm just starting back and I didn't want to stress my ankle. I tried the lat pulldowns. I don't think they bothered my elbows too much. Right now, the left one is much better but the right one is still painful.

It is wonderful to have Fort Son home. And he couldn't be happier at college, which is awesome.

Submit "Sunday, Dec.18" to Digg Submit "Sunday, Dec.18" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday, Dec.18" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday, Dec.18" to Google

Comments

Ah, the glutonous-parent at work...

I would drop the leg press/power squat until your ankle is better and if you must, replace them with leg extensions and curls. I wouldn't be afraid to skip legs all together in the gym, but apparently you are afraid to rest in the gym like I am afraid to rest in the water.

Glad Fort Son is enjoying college. I hated school and that just made things more difficult.
    My easy-on-the-elbows back workout this week was deadlifts and wide-grip pulldowns (gripping the part of the pulldown bar outside the bend). Have you tried either of those? Obviously you could react differently than me. I just try all sorts of exercises I wouldn't otherwise do to work around overuse injuries.
    I just took a few weeks off lifting! I need to rest more? I will eliminate the leg press. The squats didn't seem to bother it. It's not a really bad sprain. And I had the brace on.

I was happy not to be in the kitchen. My domestic instincts are long gone.
    Is your ankle swollen at all? Are you elevating/icing?

What I find helpful as I'm recovering with ankle injuries, is the leg press with lower weight. You kind of rock your foot on the plate.

Between elbow and ankle issues, you really don't have much left to lift. Maybe take some time off and get better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands
    My easy-on-the-elbows back workout this week was deadlifts and wide-grip pulldowns (gripping the part of the pulldown bar outside the bend). Have you tried either of those? Obviously you could react differently than me. I just try all sorts of exercises I wouldn't otherwise do to work around overuse injuries.
    I've never had any elbow problems in my life until I increased the weight on the desdlift and push press way too fast. So I'm skairt to do deadlift until my elbows are better. I hope this doesn't somehow predispose me to future problems ...
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Is your ankle swollen at all? Are you elevating/icing?

What I find helpful as I'm recovering with ankle injuries, is the leg press with lower weight. You kind of rock your foot on the plate.

Between elbow and ankle issues, you really don't have much left to lift. Maybe take some time off and get better?
    Trying to ice and elevate, but I'm kinda busy. Tha ankle is somewhat swollen and bruised, but not terribly so. I've done worse before.

I feel like I've been resting the elbows forever ... I don't really want to take major time off right after tapering.