View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Tuesday, Dec. 20

Rate this Entry
by , December 20th, 2011 at 07:04 PM (1130 Views)
Drylands:

RC and ankle exercises
leg extensions, 70 x 4 x 12
seated row negatives, 80 x 3 x 12
wide grip lat pulldown, 90 x 4 x 8
-- Jazz was right; this didn't bother my elbows at all
leg abductor, 120 x 3 x 15
lower back machine, 130 x 15

flutter kicks on bosu with ankle weights, 3 x 100
long arm crushes, 3 x 50
captains chair leg raises, 3 x 20
power wheel roll outs, 3 x 20

Bike, 30 minutes

Stretching/Yoga, 30 minutes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still treading lightly at the gym. My elbows are slowly but surely improving.

http://www.livestrong.com/blog/blog/...trends-2011-2/

Swimming science roundup, including blurbs on VASA training, breaststroke tips, energy drinks, etc.
http://www.swimmingscience.net/2011/...und-up_18.html

Submit "Tuesday, Dec. 20" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, Dec. 20" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, Dec. 20" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, Dec. 20" to Google

Updated December 20th, 2011 at 07:10 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Strength Training and Dryland Workouts , Spinning , Yoga

Comments

You went from 2 x 15 to 3 x 20 leg raises, plus other core work? Now you gave me another bar to reach
    Do your abs ever cramp up?

I'll have to try the wide grip lat pulldowns, more for variety than anything else. Do you use the same weight?
    Like the swimming science link. Thanks!

I see the road claims yet another swimmer. Maybe running is better during the off season? They say spinning is the best alternate training (for swimmers). Not very exciting, but at least it's safe and burns off holiday snacks like nobodies business.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    You went from 2 x 15 to 3 x 20 leg raises, plus other core work? Now you gave me another bar to reach
    Do your abs ever cramp up?

I'll have to try the wide grip lat pulldowns, more for variety than anything else. Do you use the same weight?
    15 didn't seem that hard, so I increase. I never get that tired doing ab work ... Maybe I'm slacking. Or maybe that's where I'm strongest. Haven't gotten any ab cramps yet.

No, I used much less weight than I would use on the HS hi row. I was barely holding on to the very end. But of course I was not doing anything very heavy b/c of the elbows.
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver
    Like the swimming science link. Thanks!

I see the road claims yet another swimmer. Maybe running is better during the off season? They say spinning is the best alternate training (for swimmers). Not very exciting, but at least it's safe and burns off holiday snacks like nobodies business.
    I like the weekly round up. A nice mix of interesting topics.

I think the fins have made my ankles too floppy for running on anything other than short distances on a treadmill or flat road. Cycling at the gym is very safe, and with all the goodies in my house I definitely need some calorie burning activity. I envy your running. I like running this time of year with the colder temps. Do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I envy your running. I like running this time of year with the colder temps. Do you?
    It is a really enjoyable thing to do in the Fall and Winter. We have wooded trails and the shoreline as a few options which makes the 5 or 6 mile getaway seem more like a mini-vacation than a workout.

And the sting of the cooler air usually dissipates after the first mile. Within half an hour you've got your own personal Bermuda underneath all the gear. (...sounds like I should posting on a running forum )

Well, Hope you have a very nice holiday season with your family!
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver
    I We have wooded trails and the shoreline as a few options which makes the 5 or 6 mile getaway seem more like a mini-vacation than a workout.

Well, Hope you have a very nice holiday season with your family!
    It sounds divine!

You too Quick!