Workout 12/28/11

Rate this Entry
Solo at Rec (scy): Pool temp = 85

w/u:
200 FR/200 BK
3x100 Kick on 2:00 (FR/BK/SDK)

go two times through:
- 4 x 100 on 1:20
- odd = FR, even = IM (1st time)(BK 2nd)
- 40 second q-break
- 2 x 200 FR PULL with buoy on 2:40
- 1 x 200 IM on 3:00
- 40 second q-break

100 ez

8 x 25 on :30
- odds FR DPS
- evens IMO FAST

200 various w/d
(3200, 55 min)
------------

Happy to be back in the water today. My sinuses are still pretty plugged up, but I am feeling much better and decided to use a workout based on the one from kiefer.com for tonight.

I was able to keep the kicks in the 1:35 range, so my legs are coming back. On the main set, the warm water started to get to me quickly.
-The first time through I averaged 1:08's on the frees and 1:18 on the IM's. I pulled 2:26, :25, and did the IM on 2:50.
- The second time through I went 1:05 and 1:08 on the Frees, held 1:15 on the backs, pulled a 2:23 and 2:26 before a generous 2:55 on in the IM.

After a quick loosen, I tackled the 25's. I swam all the odd frees at :15. My paired times for the IMO were: Fly (:15,:16), Back (:16,:14), Breast (:21,:22), Free (:14.5, :13.8).

A nice variety here. I have been poking around and will be trying some of the LT sets that Q is doing (to add to the breaks I've already implemented) starting next month. I have been working some more IM/strokes into the practices to try to improve these events this year, as I take my first crack ever at 2fly and 4IM. I have completed my first "official" year of swimming since high school, and have a notion to try every event at least once (even the 2breast, which will no doubt cause me to ) because I am sooooo slow) during the upcoming year.

Now to start the search for meets before NE champs in mid-March, and do some more leg work to hold a meet at my home pool sometime in April.

Submit "Workout 12/28/11" to Digg Submit "Workout 12/28/11" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 12/28/11" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 12/28/11" to Google

Tags: kiefer
Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I have been poking around and will be trying some of the LT sets that Q is doing (to add to the breaks I've already implemented) starting next month.
    Not only do I inspire breaks, I inspire long rest sets :rollseyes:

You will sleep well after an LT set. I strongly suggest you plan your LT set before marathon tv watching session and not intense yard work.
    Thanks for the heads up. If we ever get any, I'll be sure that I don't have to shovel snow the next day.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Thanks for the heads up. If we ever get any, I'll be sure that I don't have to shovel snow the next day.
    You should've been here in the Inland NW this year. Very mild summer compared to most (the temps didn't even reach 100 this year), and the snow has been pretty much non existent too this year (and it's still 40 degrees outside right now!!)