8 x 50 breast w/MF, no pullouts @ 1:05

8 x 50 fly drill w/MF @ 1:00

50 EZ

Aerobic Sprint Hybrid Set:

30 x 50 @ 1:00 w/fins
-- burst to 15 meter & cruise the rest
-- :30 between sets of 10
1-10 free
11-20 kick w/board (5 flutter, 5 dolphin)
21-30 speedplay (5 back spin drill, 5 fast hands breast)

100 EZ

1 x 50 AFAP dolphin kick w/board & fins
23 high-24 flat

200 EZ

Total: 3800

Core Work @ Gym:

RC and ankle exercises
flutter kicks on bosu, 100
bicycles, 2 x 50
long arm crunches, 2 x 50
captains chair leg raises, 3 x 15
power wheel roll outs, 2 x 20
back extensions w/plate, 25 x 2 x 15

Stretching, 20 minutes

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Our kitty is found! We used a thermal sensing device and drywall saw to spring her. She was trapped between two beams behind a slanted ceiling wall. What a relief that was. I had read numerous horror stories on the internet about cats trapped behind walls for many days. Now we just have an expensive repair job. The only downer of the day was sending Fort Son back to college. But at least I didn't have a meltdown like I did in September.

Finally felt up to doing a bit of speed work today. I decided to ease into it with a hybrid set that I've done before and really like. Definitely felt a little rusty. Hoping I can now ramp up the speed and lactate work.

The pool and gym were full of resolutionists today. Not even cute outfits! I saw a few men in button down shirts and khaki shorts. Hope they clear out without hurting themselves in the next few weeks. I really disliked doing my drylands after swimming. I had no choice today as I had to swim before the HS teams came in. But I felt weak at the gym. Glad I didn't have weights planned!

I posted my first workouts on the High Intensity Training thread. I may try to do my Wednesday workout later this week.

Submit "And there was joy in FortVille, Monday, Jan. 2" to Digg Submit "And there was joy in FortVille, Monday, Jan. 2" to del.icio.us Submit "And there was joy in FortVille, Monday, Jan. 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "And there was joy in FortVille, Monday, Jan. 2" to Google

Updated January 2nd, 2012 at 05:57 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Strength Training and Dryland Workouts

Comments

Our kitty is found! We used a thermal sensing device and drywall saw to spring her. She was trapped between two beams behind a slanted ceiling wall. What a relief that was.
    Yayy.

The pool and gym were full of resolutionists today.
    Opposite of yayy.

My daughter was trying to figure out how you do breaststroke with a monofin and no pullouts.
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver

My daughter was trying to figure out how you do breaststroke with a monofin and no pullouts.
    It's basically a breast dolphin drill with fins. The reason I don't do pullouts in a short course pool is that it only takes me 3-4 strokes to get to the other end without it. The MF is good for emphasizing the lunging aspect of the recovery.
    I am glad kitty has been reunited with her Family. What a difficult time for everyone!
    I'm looking forward to dusting off that expensive Finis monofin and going to town with it!
    Happy you found that rascal cat. Ours are always finding interesting hiding spots, but no recovery efforts have been needed yet. That Hybrid set looks good - I'm going to try that at some point this week ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ViveBene
    I am glad kitty has been reunited with her Family. What a difficult time for everyone!
    I'm looking forward to dusting off that expensive Finis monofin and going to town with it!
    It was difficult, especially for Lil Fort.

Get it out! Time's a wastin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Happy you found that rascal cat. Ours are always finding interesting hiding spots, but no recovery efforts have been needed yet. That Hybrid set looks good - I'm going to try that at some point this week ...
    Allen Stark suggested it on the DF, and I really like it. He said it's "the only aerobic set that doesn't bore him."
    Glad you found the kitty and sounds like a happy ending. She was probably starving. Hope she didn't make a mess inside there...

Years ago, I was visiting a friend who worked at Ft Meade, MD, stayed on her pull-out bed. She left early, I slept in. When I left, I folded the bed up and put it away, left (I think I swam?), then met her for lunch, then met some other friends. When she got back that night she couldn't find her cat. She was sitting on the couch watching tv and could her her kitty crying. Turned out that when I put the bed away, the cat somehow jumped in and was trapped inside there all day long.
    That's a crazy story, Tim! Cats can get into the nuttiest places, and Maine Coons (our kitty) especially like to burrow into small spaces and explore.

Great job on the New Year's Eve workout!
    So glad to hear your cat is found and ok!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbs
    So glad to hear your cat is found and ok!
    Thank you! It was a trying experience and not the way to spend New Years Day. But she is safe and sound now.
    the cat episode reminds me of a similar episode we had with a hamster named Houdini (yeah, you know with a name like that...); we still have a hole in the drywall! Hope you get yours back together soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnair
    the cat episode reminds me of a similar episode we had with a hamster named Houdini (yeah, you know with a name like that...); we still have a hole in the drywall! Hope you get yours back together soon!
    Great name! We fixed the holes the next day to prevent the cats from disappearing again. Hamsters must be impossible to find if they get out.