Wed., Jan. 4
by, January 4th, 2012 at 06:54 PM (2065 Views)
Bikram yoga, 90 minutes
Due to travel, taper, injuries, I haven't been to bikram since Nov. 4 -- along two month hiatus. Of course, I have been stretching regularly since then. Flexibility -- very good. Heat tolerance -- much better than expected. Balance -- meh. I tried to be cautious of my ankle. It seemed pretty crowded for a 2:00 pm weekday class.
Bike, 30 minutes
I'd like to do a speed and lactate workout the next 2 days. Not sure which order I'm going to do them in.
In other news:
1. Fort Son swears by AMP, amplified muscle igniter pre-workout. Looks like a lot of caffeine to me.
2. Lil Fort and her classmates petitioned her school to use yoga balls instead of chairs at their desks. So now most of the class is bouncing/sitting on yoga balls with little feet. Kids ...
3. Mr. Fort bought me this shirt for xmas: http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=sh...72/pgid-416386. I'm wondering if I can wear it to the gym without looking like a complete jerk.
4. Mr. Fort is considering competing in the duathlon nationals, which are in this area, in June.
5. I also got the Paleo Diet for Athletes for xmas, which I will be interested to read.
6. New article on diet in WSJ says that calorie counters are right. Weight gain from excess calories is the same regardless of the composition of the diet in terms of protein, fat and carbs. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123559955210376029.html