Sprints
- 8x25 on 60 12.5 AFAP/12.5 easy
- 4x25 on 60 dolphin kick to free breakout then easy
- 4x25 on 60 dolphin kick to back breakout then easy
- 2x150 25 kick AFAP 25 kick ez 100 back ez
-- (19+, 20)
Cool Down
- 300 ez

How was this recovery (my theory)? Everything today was CP and didn't really use any glycogen, thus my energy stores should be well recovered for tomorrow. On the neural side of things, this was not recovery, but unlike sprinting and even LT work, hard aerobic (tomorrow) requires energy more than sharpness. Tomorrow I will find out how true this theory is.

Currently I kick out with flutter kick. My dolphin kick is not powerful enough nor am I coordinated enough in the transition to use it for any kick out besides back. Even back is questionable. Thus the initial 25s were with flutter kick working on my current method and the dolphin sets were laying future ground work.

I am not really a fan of the "just start using dolphin off of every wall" theory. A half assed couple of dolphin kicks off every wall aren't going to help me train for anything.

LW said my feet were not floppy during but got better the longer I swam. A couple years ago I worked on ankle flexibility nightly and need to resume this. This is something to think about at swim meets, keeping the ankles warm might help my kick and it won't take long standing on a cold pool deck behind the blocks before they are stiff.

CP: Allows you to work anaerobically for about 10 seconds without creating lactic acid, and it is quick to recover.

Submit "Sprint/Technique/Recovery?" to Digg Submit "Sprint/Technique/Recovery?" to del.icio.us Submit "Sprint/Technique/Recovery?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sprint/Technique/Recovery?" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Still mostly recovery b/c you only did a few ATP-CP sprints.

I'm not sure how fast it is to flutter kick under water ... Perhaps one strong dolphin kick and then break out and swim?

Are you walking around barefoot at meets? You'll have to join the rest of the world and wear Uggs. Or at least some toasty socks. Keeping the feet warm also keeps the core warm.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I'm not sure how fast it is to flutter kick under water ... Perhaps one strong dolphin kick and then break out and swim?

My walls need work and I am not sure I am going to commit to a change that affects my breakout before April.

Are you walking around barefoot at meets? You'll have to join the rest of the world and wear Uggs. Or at least some toasty socks. Keeping the feet warm also keeps the core warm.
    I am barefoot behind the blocks and wear my uggs the rest of the time.
    Keeping the feet warm also keeps the core warm.
    Really?

I'm all for keeping the feet warm, but is there really a connection?
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Really?

Blood is pumped from the heart, in the core, to all parts of the body, including the feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Really?

If your feet get cold (and extremities always do first), they start leaching heat from the core, no? If you keep your feet warm, your core is more likely to stay warm.
    Ok q...which will it be? Fast swimming or loss of your dignity.
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver
    Ok q...which will it be? Fast swimming or loss of your dignity.
    I already wear uggs to swim meets and swim practice so it is a little late for your warning.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    I already wear uggs to swim meets and swim practice so it is a little late for your warning.
    The the heck is uggs?
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    I seriously hope this is a joke. Men in Uggs may be the worst thing ever, worse even than people who say they are coming to Nationals but then go to the El Paso Invitational instead. Wait, you do both! My bad.

EDIT - junk shaving men in Uggs is worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by aquageek
    I seriously hope this is a joke. Men in Uggs may be the worst thing ever, worse even than people who say they are coming to Nationals but then go to the El Paso Invitational instead. Wait, you do both! My bad.
    I find it funny that men who essentially swim around in nothing more than their underwear would have such strong opinions about my foot ware for the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by aquageek
    EDIT - junk shaving men in Uggs is worse.
    Did you have a bad experience with junk shaving men in Uggs you would like to share?
    Our ED trots around in Ugg boots at meets all the time.

They definitely warm up my core. If I have them on in any non cold environment, I feel like an oven went off inside.