View RSS Feed

Random Nonsense

Team's 5th anniversary

Rate this Entry
North Texas Masters celebrated their 5th anniversary today. I had a chocolate cupcake with peanut butter icing and a cup of coffee, the breakfast of champions.

Team practice SCY
Warm up
- 500 free
Main Set
- 5x150 on 2:00 (1:40, 1:41, 1:40, 1:40, 1:40)
- 5x125 100IM+25 free on 2:00
- 5x100 free descend on 1:50 (16,13,6,2,0)
- 5x75 ez/fast/ez on 1:00

There was supposed to be a 500 cool down and there was an optional fins set, but this practice ran way over with a late start and team pictures.

Split a lane with Marge. She was really worried about making the 150s, then made them by 15s. She then crushed me on the IMs. One day I should learn to swim those other 3 strokes so I can hold my own with the girls.

A little disappointed that I couldn't break 60 on the descend 100s, but overall very happy with the effort level today. Coach Anna called us "pink people" since we were rather flush.

My pink snorkel arrived yesterday to go with my Uggs.

Submit "Team's 5th anniversary" to Digg Submit "Team's 5th anniversary" to del.icio.us Submit "Team's 5th anniversary" to StumbleUpon Submit "Team's 5th anniversary" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That's a very good 150 repeat. 1:40's are a 1:05 pace per hundred (and on a 1:20 interval) Nice job.

I found something to complete your somewhat unconventional ensemble. Unless you may have one already.
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver
    That's a very good 150 repeat. 1:40's are a 1:05 pace per hundred (and on a 1:20 interval) Nice job.

I found something to complete your somewhat unconventional ensemble. Unless you may have one already.
    Double thanks Quick, I actually don't have one of those yet. Usually I just walk into practice and meets, but maybe it would be more impressive to ride in?
    Pool decks can be slippery. But maybe you could do some dryland with it.

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver
    Pool decks can be slippery. But maybe you could do some dryland with it.

Plyometrics come to mind.
    Or you could do this...but you'll need a different pair of boots.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYjB2L6G9fE"]Totilas Freestyle Tribute - the whole stick horse performance - YouTube[/nomedia]
    And tails.
    One day I should learn to swim those other 3 strokes so I can hold my own with the girls
    Nice...