Rate this Entry
Solo at Rec (scy)

200 FR/200 BK/50 ez w/u

Fort's Aerobic Sprint Hybrid Set:
30 x 50 @ 1:00
-- burst to 15 meter & cruise the rest
-- :30 between sets of 10
1-10 free
11-20 kick w/board (5 flutter, 5 dolphin)
21-30 speedplay (5 back spin drill, 5 fast hands breast)

300 Pull with buoy w/d
- alt FR and BK by 50's

(2350, 40 min)
------------------

Last night my wife and I signed to refinance our home, locking in under 4%. Then, I started my day off from work by driving to the corporate office for a task force meeting (it's about 75 minutes from home). Good meeting, even got breakfast there, so that was a bonus. Then I had a late lunch with my wife before pulling taxi duty this afternoon.

I ordered a Yingfa suit before heading to the pool tonight (my first "racing" suit, after some good recommendations from Tim and James). I did not have a full hour, so I decided that Fort's set from earlier this week would be just right. I don't have fins, so I didn't use them, and the set felt good. I was surprised at how quick I was able to get through the back spin drills, pointing out that I need to work on faster rotation when I swim it.

After practice I went to Williams College to watch the hockey game with my son. He was able to get a loose puck, so he was happy about that. I will be able to swim with the local workout group tomorrow - I hope to do the first set (with the 300's) from pwb's workout thread so I can get my base and threshold times down.

I am planning on the following meets for the spring, with the idea to get times in more events:
-WCWM Mini Meet: 1/22/12: 200IM, 50 FR, 50 BR, 50 FLY
-Valentine's Meet: 2/18/12: 200 FR, 100 BR, 400 IM, 100 FR
-Simon's Rock Pace/Makers: 3/03/12: 100 IM, 100 BK, 500 FR, maybe some relays
-NE SCY Champs: 3/16-18/11: More info to come

Submit "Workout 1/6/12: Todo lo puedo en Cristo" to Digg Submit "Workout 1/6/12: Todo lo puedo en Cristo" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 1/6/12: Todo lo puedo en Cristo" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 1/6/12: Todo lo puedo en Cristo" to Google

Updated January 7th, 2012 at 01:01 AM by rxleakem

Categories
Swim Workouts , Planning

Comments

I'll plan on the Simon's Rock meet for sure - maybe do the 100 FR, 500 FR (never done that one before), and 100 BR. Any idea if this is likely to be a big enough meet to have multiple heats (i.e., time for my poor body to recover between events)?

Might try a couple of events at the Valentine's meet too, but not sure yet.
    There should be a solid two heats of the 50's, and maybe 2 heats of the 100's, and there is a few events between so you sould be ok. Of course, never enough rest, as the mini meet will be over in 3 hours.

Last year at the Valentines meet they had two fun relays, push-pull and three-armed - a kid I used to coach 16 years ago teamed up with me and we won the p/p.
    You guys have quite a few local meets!

I like that set too. It's a keeper.
    Local is relative. The first two meets are about 2.5 hours away, and the last is 1.5 hours. I'm on the western side of NE, so most meets are a haul, but it is all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Local is relative. The first two meets are about 2.5 hours away, and the last is 1.5 hours. I'm on the western side of NE, so most meets are a haul, but it is all good.

Shoot...I'd love to have meets that close. Besides the one right here in town, I have a minimum 3 hours to go anywhere for another Masters meet. USAS meets I can get 1 1/4 hours or more away.
    It's hard to convince the family to sit in the car for five hours and a pool for three or four hours. I get lonely on the road, plus would love to sleep on the way home.
    You'll have to let us know how the Yingfa suit works out. I will warn you that it looks extremely small when you open it up. I remember thinking, "how the heck am I gonna fit in that." I brought another suit to the meet, just in case (but I did the same for the BU meet too). I didn't swim at all in it before I dove in for my 100 LCM free race, and felt like I was riding on top of the water.

I guess we're kind of spoiled here in AZ. Not only do we have great pools, but there's usually 3-5 meets of each course per year (although some people still complain that isn't enough). Many turn into very small meets, with 60 or so people, that may only take a few hours.