- 100 ez back
- 4x50 on 60
- 100 ez back
Kick
- 2x 25 kick AFAP 125 moderate
-- 20, 22
Cool down
- 200 ez back

That turn set might get one more try, but something better probably needs to be found. It did not seem like my turns were getting the focus they needed in that set, although the middle 25s were fast. The swimming speed gained from the fins is offset by the changes in the turn dynamics. Rotational speed seems to be decreased and the fins definitely have a vacuum effect on push off.

It might be better to practice race pace turns in the kiddie pool that is only about 10M wide, but I think the lane markers are only in about 2.5 feet of water. Another alternative would be starting about 10M from the wall and seeing if a push off the bottom (4-4.5 feet deep) is enough help to easily hit racing speed.

The ez 100 back were definitely qbreaks. They were not planned going into the workout, but the fins portion of that workout was killer.

My left arm is drifting way deep before the pull is initiated during the sprints today. I need to keep it closer to the surface during the glide portion of the stroke.

Happy with the effort, not happy with the accomplishing the goal of the set.

Submit "Sprint Turns" to Digg Submit "Sprint Turns" to del.icio.us Submit "Sprint Turns" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sprint Turns" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Probably not great to practice fast turns with fins. Maybe better to do a Build to fast 25 with fast turn & breakout and then cruise?

You're supposed to have qbreaks when sprinting.

Sprint fin work is hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Probably not great to practice fast turns with fins. Maybe better to do a Build to fast 25 with fast turn & breakout and then cruise?

You're supposed to have qbreaks when sprinting.

Sprint fin work is hard.
    The idea was that the fins would allow me to practice a faster than race pace approach, but it ended up not feeling all that useful.

I like the build to fast idea. Middle 25 fast is a good workout, but it is not very turn focused, or at least I couldn't pull it off today.

I needed more qbreaks today. One after every 4x50s would have kept me sharper.

I might do an LT fin set tomorrow and I will probably hate myself for that idea during the set.
    My legs are still fried from my Friday fin LT set. Shoulda put my tights on. Fast fin work can be exhausting, even when you're used to it.

On days when I sprint, I have a lot of qbreak yardage.

I should probably do that build to fast turn set myself!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I should probably do that build to fast turn set myself!
    Please do, and report back with the success of the set.