Sunday, Jan. 8

Rate this Entry
Drylands:

RC and ankle exercises
power squats, 230 x 4 x 8
triceps press, 25 x 3 x 25
explosive leg press, 290 x 3 x 12
wide(st) grip lat pulldown, 60 x 3 x 20
box jumps, 2 x 20 (step down, no hop down)
back extensions w/plate, 25 x 3 x 15
yoga ball cable twist, 45 x 2 x 15 each side
captains chair leg raises, 2 x 15
power wheel roll outs, 2 x 20
long arm crunches, 2 x 50

Bike, 20 minutes

-- just fat burning and to remove some lactic acid

Stretching/Yoga, 35 minutes:

-- used foam roller too

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The 5 days since my last dryland session made it clear that my elbows are not ready for prime time yet. I just did some high rep triceps press, which I read were good for them, and dropped weight and did the widest grip lat pull down possible. I fear my upper body drylands will take a hit this season. I think I should probably lay off everything but what I did today for the next couple weeks. Perhaps lose fast paddle work as well. Kinda bummed. I had been hoping to shift my drylands into more explosive olympic style lifting. I feel no need to do cleans, but I like the idea of push press, jump shrugs, high pulls, snatch, etc.

Submit "Sunday, Jan. 8" to Digg Submit "Sunday, Jan. 8" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday, Jan. 8" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday, Jan. 8" to Google

Comments

I don't see one single sodden person doing a good camel pose.
    Impressive drylands, despite cutting some! I know the frustration of having to wait on some exercise due to injury, hang in there!
    J
    Ps, love That Guy's addition as well. I think ive been close to replicating that last one with the help of alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jswim
    Impressive drylands, despite cutting some! I know the frustration of having to wait on some exercise due to injury, hang in there!
    J
    Ps, love That Guy's addition as well. I think ive been close to replicating that last one with the help of alcohol.
    Yeah, minor injuries are somewhat inevitable over time for masters. I'm fighting mine! Will get to where I want to be soon. But learning to adapt is very important.

TG is a funny guy.