It's not over til the fat lady sings
by, March 10th, 2009 at 11:27 PM (1293 Views)
This is more of a cry for help than a blog.
I'm doing a lot of long pool and OW swimming at the moment. A fair amount of my swims are solo, and I never really know what's going to be swirling through what's left of my grey matter during these sessions.
Usually there's nothing at all going on upstairs, but occasionally I'm tormented by a song that's completely annoying. I recently aborted an open water training session much sooner than I should have, and I honestly believe Jefferson Starship was to blame (NOT me!).
I'm sure I'm not alone.
What are the worst songs you can have stuck in your head during a swim??
Here's a sample of some of the more painful songs I've endured during long OW swims:
1. "We Built this City" by Jefferson Starship;
2. "We're all Alone" by Boz Scaggs;
3. "Lonely No More" by Rob Thomas;
4. "Island Girl" by Elton John;
5. "Dreadlock Holiday" by 10CC;
6. "Lumberjack" by Monty Python;
7. "We all know frogs go pop in the microwave" author unknown, but the party who suggested this song before a swim knows who she is...Kim Weeks....;
8. "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield;
9. "I've done Everything for You" again..Rick Springfield;
10. "Come on Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners;
11. "Jaws Theme" by John Williams.
I'll end on that one, but there are many more.
Suggestions as to GOOD music to think of while swimming would be appreciated!
Chicken signing off...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvCI-gNK_y4"]YouTube - Jaws theme!![/ame]