- subtract 90
-- went 19:50
-- Josh went 18:50
Random Set
- 25 under water
- 25 ez
Cool down
- 200 ez

9 days out of the water and a sinus infection is brewing.

Singapore was awesome, but I forgot my goggles. The hotel pool was crap for swimming laps, but finding a pool in Singapore and Hong Kong was totally doable, just not worthwhile without goggles. Did come across some Speedo sweedes for $20.

It was $450/night for a room at the Marina Bay Sands and you can only swim in the pool if staying there. I passed.

Submit "Welcome back SUCKER!" to Digg Submit "Welcome back SUCKER!" to del.icio.us Submit "Welcome back SUCKER!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Welcome back SUCKER!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Welcome home with a broken 1650 ... ugh!

No goggles for sale to use at other pools? The infinity pool looks nice, but still very open water ish.
    $450/night?! YIKES...At that rate they should also provide a suit, goggles and personal swim coach!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    No goggles for sale to use at other pools?
    Sweedes were $20, so that was a bit more than I was willing to spend.
    Quote Originally Posted by jswim
    $450/night?! YIKES...At that rate they should also provide a suit, goggles and personal swim coach!
    You know it is expensive when there is a Ritz Carlton across the street is 20% cheaper.

It is only about 18 months old, so I think it will drop in price in the future.
    $450/night
    I would've been on the street holding a sign that said "will work for food and place to sleep" to save money on that one. 450 is a little steep!! That's more than I make in a week!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I would've been on the street holding a sign that said "will work for food and place to sleep" to save money on that one. 450 is a little steep!! That's more than I make in a week!
    There are plenty of cheaper places to stay in Singapore (like where I stayed), but none of them have a 100M pool on the 55th floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    There are plenty of cheaper places to stay in Singapore (like where I stayed), but none of them have a 100M pool on the 55th floor.
    That would be cool, especially if the one end of the pool opened up into a hugh 55 floor waterfall to a small wading pool below.
    You didn't say if your trip made you happy!
    I guess my complaint about $15 to swim in San Fran seems like I'm a cheapskate now.

I'm totally putting that infinity pool on my bucket list, though. I'd need to get in good enough shape, though, to do like a 25K swim there to justify the room rate.

Now, I gotta close with this: seriously, you left your goggles at home?
    That pool looks amazing! I wonder how many people they'd let you have in a room as, "guests?" If you had 4 (or more) people who really wanted to swim, it might be worth it. I'm sure it isn't affiliated with any chain to do points stays either...

And don't feel bad. I went to Europe once and forgot any swimming stuff at all. Went to a sporting goods store in Munich, and I went local swimming at the Olympic park there. I remember a woman trying to speak to me in German while I was at a wall...I understood a couple of little bits.