View RSS Feed

Ande's Swimming Blog

Wed Feb 1, 2011 Had surgery out of water for ...

Rate this Entry
Wed Feb 1, 2011

I had surgery to remove a growth from the back of my right forearm. They wheeled me in and knocked me out. Doc says I'm supposed to stay out of water for the next 4 days. I have about a 1 inch incision. It hurts a bit.

Tuesday afternoon I had a root canal done on my lower right side molar and after he completed the proceedure his conclusion was the base of the tooth is cracked and it must be removed.

Not much fun.

It's a good time to switch to sprints.

Submit "Wed Feb 1, 2011 Had surgery out of water for ..." to Digg Submit "Wed Feb 1, 2011 Had surgery out of water for ..." to del.icio.us Submit "Wed Feb 1, 2011 Had surgery out of water for ..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed Feb 1, 2011 Had surgery out of water for ..." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

  1. Karl_S's Avatar
    Rough week. Hope you are mended and feeling well soon.
  2. The Fortress's Avatar
    Ouch! Very rough week. Can you hit the gym with the arm?
  3. That Guy's Avatar
    hope you have a speedy recovery Ande!
  4. slow's Avatar
    Yeah, recently I had an old filling crack and it was near the base of the tooth. Had to get a root canal, post, and crown but now it is all better. Hope you are recovered and swimming again soon!
  5. ande's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    Rough week. Hope you are mended and feeling well soon.
    Thanks, it feels a bit better
  6. ande's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Ouch! Very rough week. Can you hit the gym with the arm?
    not much fun, also have an ear ache & a back ache
    WTF
    I hope to hit the gym soon & be back in the pool on Monday
  7. ande's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    hope you have a speedy recovery Ande!
    thanks, me too, my arms feeling better
    I still need to schedule an appointment to get my tooth pulled
  8. ande's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slow
    Yeah, recently I had an old filling crack and it was near the base of the tooth. Had to get a root canal, post, and crown but now it is all better. Hope you are recovered and swimming again soon!
    not much fun, why do we need nerves in teeth?
    Why don't they just grow, then calcify & get super hard. One of my tooth roots bends & the doc couldn't get to that section, but it feels way better. I was having horrible tooth aches before
  9. knelson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ande
    not much fun, why do we need nerves in teeth?
    I suppose when you bite into a rock you should feel it! Toothaches are definitely not much fun, though.
  10. ande's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    I suppose when you bite into a rock you should feel it! Toothaches are definitely not much fun, though.
    Toothaches are awful. Stay away