Thursday, March 12
by, March 12th, 2009 at 03:06 PM (3122 Views)
No real workouts today. Had a deep tissue massage booked. Um, boy, did I need it! I was sore and tight everywhere. Massage therapist, like the chiro, didn't think my hip was really "injured" (no pulling, tearing, etc). Just thought I had over stretched/over contracted it and it was spasming some. Unfortunately, absent the complete rest Jimby was talking about, it could take awhile to resolve. I'll just stay away from lunges and maybe limit the fast kicking for a bit. On a funny note, she also asked how I can even run with my loose floppy ankles. lol (One other tidbit: If you're rehabbing an injured area, best to use a massage-chiro sequence rather than the other way around.)
Afterward, swam an easy 1500 and sat in the hot tub.
Tomorrow, I'll lift and do the workout Geek posted this am. Looked like a very nice and enjoyable speed workout.
Here's something to chew on:
1. When you're writing down your weight workout, does the amount of the weight come first?
2. Is anyone doing plyometrics? If so, which exercises?
3. Anyone have any other recommendations for good core exercises for variety? Anyone doing a wood chopper on the med ball? (That will make Jazz grind his teeth, I'm sure.)
4. If you do pushups with a weight on your back, is this putting more of a load on your shoulders or your torso/back?
5. Is anyone using resistance bands like Ande? Anyone have an opinion on them?
6. How often are we supposed to use the foam roller? Every other day?