View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 02/13/12:

Rate this Entry
w/u: 200 FR/200 Back
6 x 100 kick on 1:50
- did flutter w/ board, back w/o, SDK, flutter, back, then swam a 100 breast on the last one

5 x 200 Pull on 2:45
- 1: DPS (ez) ~ 2:32
- 2: 25 DPS/25 HARD ~ 2:24
- 3: 25 HARD/25 DPS ~ 2:23
- 4: Build by 50 ~ 2:25
- 5: Go for it ~ 2:18

10 x 50 on ?
- Did IMO 1-4, 5-8
- 100 IM for time ~ 1:10.12

10 x 50 on ?
- drill/speed play intermixed

100 yards of "you need to work on your breaststroke" with the lifeguard/high school coach that I swam with 20 years ago

200 loosen and out
(solo/Rec/3300yds/70 min)
--------------------------

I have to admit that I was sore from that IM set on Thursday, and was enlisting any able (and mostly unwilling) bodies around the house to give old dad a backrub. The swim today was not overly difficult as there ended up being anywhere from 3-6 people in the lane at any given time.

I was coming in on the kicks from 1:30-:35, and was pleased with the 200 pulling times. I went to the 50's on an interval to not run anyone over and worked the turn and breakouts. My neck and shoulders are still a bit tight, but I suppose that I should expect that after swimming that much fly in a practice when I usually don't.

I was happy that Carrie came over to help me with the breaststroke. I was very pleased to drop 10 seconds on the breast portion of the 400 IM last week, and would like to be able to swim this stroke with more efficiency to help out my IM times.

I also measured our home pool today to get it certified for the mini meet I will run on April 28th. It is the same weekend of nationals, so I am sure many bloggers will have to skip our little meet this year, but I think we can get some folks from the New England/upstate NY area to attend and have some fun. Our first meet in Bennington - complete with two 25 yard fun "sprint" events!

Submit "Workout 02/13/12:" to Digg Submit "Workout 02/13/12:" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 02/13/12:" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 02/13/12:" to Google

Updated February 13th, 2012 at 06:27 PM by rxleakem

Categories
Swim Workouts , Planning

Comments

Nice workout; I'm still struggling with my kick sets... I feel like I'm getting a little faster, but often don't look at the clock (I really don't want to know how bad my kick is!)... I'm nowhere near 1:30s though.
    and was enlisting any able (and mostly unwilling) bodies around the house to give old dad a backrub.
    I have the same problems around my house. I can usually only get the 2 year old to say "OK Daa-iee" (the d's are silent sometimes) but she's not really strong enough to get much back rub help.
    Good luck with your meet! Is that the same pool in Bennington that they had back in the 90s? I'd like to swim in Vermont again. I'll have to keep an eye out for later in the summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by sickfish
    Good luck with your meet! Is that the same pool in Bennington that they had back in the 90s? I'd like to swim in Vermont again. I'll have to keep an eye out for later in the summer.
    Yup, it is, same "cozy" venue. I have put in a request now to turn the dial on the thermostat down from 85 to a cool 83, or maybe even lower. I'd sure like lower!
    The date is 04/28/12 - I'll be sure to post info here and in the forums. Thanks for the encouragement!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    ... she's not really strong enough to get much back rub help.
    That is almost the perfect age to introduce the fun event of walking on dad's back. Have Benjamin hold her hands and let her bounce away!
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    That is almost the perfect age to introduce the fun event of walking on dad's back. Have Benjamin hold her hands and let her bounce away!
    The kids already do that...they start on my upper legs, and slowly (kinda) walk up my back to just below my neck, then do a sort of two footed long jump over my head. If I'm relaxed enough, that little hop usually cracks me a few times. Well, last week while doing this, my little 2 year old Christina got up to mid shoulder blades, and then I don't know what happened. But I think she jumped and came down on my right ear and side of my head. OUCHY!!