View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Friday, Feb. 17

Rate this Entry
by , February 17th, 2012 at 10:19 PM (1475 Views)
Swim/SCY/Mostly Solo:

Warm up/Transition:

400 various
Speedo chat break, which we should have done in the hot tub in retrospect
200 back/kick

10 x 25 shooters on back w/fins

5 x 50 free w/paddles @ :50
4 x 50 torque drill w/paddles @ whatever
75 EZ

Speed Sets:

10 x burst + cruise @ 1:00
50 EZ

5 x (50 AFAP w/fins + 100 EZ) @ 5:00
1 = fly, 23 low
2 = fly-back, 23 mid
3 = back-breast, 26 high-27 flat
4 = breast-free, 25
5 = fly, 23 mid

5 x 50 w/stretch cordz @ 2:00
25 resisted free w/paddles + 25 assisted speed
125 EZ

Total: 2650

ART, 30 minutes:

Got my scapular area and shoulder worked on again. I think after lots of rehab exercises and some body work, it's starting to feel better.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Felt kinda sluggish in the water today. I think I'm not fully recovered from that deep tissue massage yet. Still, times were solid considering.

Went to GMU for the VA AAA HS Champsafter ART. Lots of fast swimming. Very peculiar incident. The 2 top boys in the 100 fly were DQ'd for flinching on the start. One DQ was reversed by the head ref. However, it was his son and the other DQ stood. That sounds dicey indeed. Teen Fort is just swimming relays. Happily, her medley relay went faster even after kicking off their fast freestyler who loafed at Regionals. She is swimming tomorrow and then heading up to Boston for a couple days. She was supposed to erg in the Crash Sprints with some teammates, but hasn't been erging due to a cortisone injection in the knee. But she does have unofficial visits with two college coaches.

I am having a day of exasperation with my I can run anywhere husband. To my consternation, he announced today that he simply must go on vacation the first week of April, to a location with no real pool. Huh. My April meets have been on the calendar forever. Naturally, I had to remind him that I wrecked havoc on my past two long course seasons due to long family vacations. And last April I missed Zones for the Boston marathon and didn't do a SCY taper. How quickly they forget! Round 1: Fortress. The facts are clearly on my side.

Submit "Friday, Feb. 17" to Digg Submit "Friday, Feb. 17" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, Feb. 17" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, Feb. 17" to Google

Updated February 17th, 2012 at 10:45 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , ART

Comments

I did not realize wives needed facts to win arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    I did not realize wives needed facts to win arguments.
    When they are married to lawyers who argue by straw men, yes they do.
    The 2 top boys in the 100 fly were DQ'd for flinching on the start. One DQ was reversed by the head ref. However, it was his son and the other DQ stood. That sounds dicey indeed.

The head ref reversed a DQ on his own son, but not the other swimmer? Wow. I wasn't there to see it, obviously, but that sounds really bad.

Good luck working out your vacation argument...it sounds like you have it under control though!
    Quote Originally Posted by scyfreestyler
    The 2 top boys in the 100 fly were DQ'd for flinching on the start. One DQ was reversed by the head ref. However, it was his son and the other DQ stood. That sounds dicey indeed.

The head ref reversed a DQ on his own son, but not the other swimmer? Wow. I wasn't there to see it, obviously, but that sounds really bad.

Good luck working out your vacation argument...it sounds like you have it under control though!
    Yep, he did. I didn't see the start, but was told by others that he definitely moved. Only one kid swam in finals last night.

I think the suggestion was a violation of the marital agreement to jointly plan vacations!