- 200 FR on base/100 (2:40)
- 2 x 150 FR on base/100 (2:00)
- 3 x 100 FR on base (1:20)
- 4 x 75 FR on base (:60)
-- third's fast, last DPS
- 6 x 50 FR on :60
-- DPS, 6/8/10/12 FAST breakout (no breath) then cruise, DPS
- 8 x 25 on :40 IMO
-- (first set=perfect technique, second set = AFAP)

- 50 EZ, 100 IM timed (1:10.23), 50 EZ
- 2 x 100 FR with paddles on 1:15
- 200 w/d
(solo/Rec/3800/70 min)
----------------------

First swim since Saturday, so I was feeling a little rusty. I was going to swim Sunday after church, but my wife made plans to spend the day in Albany and hit some malls. I tried to sneak in at a Y over in that area, but was told that drop-ins were not allowed. It was nice to spend the afternoon with everyone, and of course the pool was closed Monday for the holiday. Today I got to the pool earlier than normal and no one was in the fast lane, so I stuck with my plan of a longer warmup and more kicking. After the 200 at the top of the mountain, 4 people hopped in so I did my best to stay on pace and swim around people.

I actually wanted to get some backstroke in, but with so many people swimming navigation became an issue so I continued with free until the short stuff. My idea here was to get some aerobic distance in then transition to speed play and AFAP swims with more rest. It felt good.

My times were for the long ones were 2:22, 1:49, 1:51, then I remember holding 1:09's on the 100's. The 50's were based on a post that the Fortress made a while back and that I referenced in my LT set blog category over on the sidebar - crank 'em in the beginning then cruse it out. Did not breathe to work a bit on my lungs and came in at :34 on those ones. The stroke 25's felt really good.

The 100 IM time was ok - I am still playing with the breaststroke so it does not feel good to swim it. Oh well. I was going to do more 100's with the paddles, but I felt cooked - water temp was a cool 84 today and I have not slept well the past few nights, so I just got in some warmdown before hopping out.

Beautiful day here in VT - 51 degrees and hardly a cloud in the ski. Going for a walk later with my wife. Not only has our state been hurt with skiers not visiting due to low snow, but the even more lucrative business of snowmobiling is hurting big time. I have read that at least the maple syrup stands are boiling, although it is still to be seen if the lack of very cold days this early in the year will effect the total yield for the spring.

Submit "Workout 02/22/12:" to Digg Submit "Workout 02/22/12:" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 02/22/12:" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 02/22/12:" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I like your main set and may use it for a solo swim tomorrow. Only I'd probably do a 300 leading in, and finish with 12 x 25 so each piece is a 300 (easier for me to remember without writing)
    Was this from one of the workout threads?
    I can't imagine doing this, or most anything else, with 4 others in the lane who aren't doing the same thing.

Oh no, you can't run out of maple syrup, what will we use for pancakes? If I'm going to eat something like that, I want the real syrup, it tastes so much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    I like your main set and may use it for a solo swim tomorrow. Only I'd probably do a 300 leading in, and finish with 12 x 25 so each piece is a 300 (easier for me to remember without writing)
    Was this from one of the workout threads?
    Glad to see that you are on the mend, Tim. When adding up yardage, I realized I should have done 300's the whole way through. I think I came up with change of intensity on my own, but I am sure I have seen the decreasing distance and higher reps on the forums before.

If I'm going to eat something like that, I want the real syrup, it tastes so much better.
    My friends on the other side of town are boiling tonight, so I'll get some in a week or two.

http://m.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?f...ser=1483682706
    Vermont maple syrup is the best! I've got a half gallon of it sitting in my pantry as we speak.. hopefully it will last the year if yields are down!
    Seriously though I hope yields are OK and no one has to take much of a hit because of it.
    I know a lot of states took a hit on low snow this year for many ski resorts and other snow related activities.

Nice swim, and I am equally impressed at your being able to swim all of that with 4 other people in your lane! impressive.