View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Double, Sat., March 14

Rate this Entry
After ditzing around & getting pounded on for 2 days, I finally got a decent double in. It actually felt like awhile since I had lifted. lol

AM Weights/Core:

standing lat pull down, 130 x 2 x 10
bench press, 80 x 2 x 12
narrow grip seated row, 110 x 2 x 10
(think I'm using my back to much in this, so reduced weight a bit. probably should watch a video to make sure.)

double crunch w/med ball, 2 x 25
russian twist w/med ball, 2 x 50
dead bug on bosu, 2 x 25
V ups w/ med ball, 2 x 15
(McTrusty is right -- these are fun!)
double crunch on bench w/feet holding 10 lb weight, 2 x 25
(adding weight makes these harder and it's harder to balance on the bench than the floor)

10 chin ups
2 x 5 pull ups

external rotators, 10 x 2 x 15, each arm
seated straight arm dip for RC, 60 x 2 x 25

PM Swim:

Went to the local rec center. Knew it would be crowded on a Sat afternoon. It was, but I somehow managed to have my own lane for the fly set.

Warm up:

850 variety warm up of swim, kick, drills

Sets:

10 x 75 @ 1:20, backstroke w/nose clip
moderate pace, working on SDKs w/clip

50 EZ

15 x 50 @ 1:00
25 easy speed fly, 25 easy DAB

50 EZ

3 x through:
(Geekity set)

2 x 25, 12.5 fast, 12.5 cruise
50 EZ
2 x 25 AFAP
100 EZ

150 EZ

Total: 3000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hip feels better today. But no fast kicking/kick sets () and no deadlifts. I'm not used to swimming for a whole workout! Felt weird.

Submit "Double, Sat., March 14" to Digg Submit "Double, Sat., March 14" to del.icio.us Submit "Double, Sat., March 14" to StumbleUpon Submit "Double, Sat., March 14" to Google

Comments

Leslie -

You give me hope for training alone...!

The sets you are doing are nothing like a masters team would swim in a normal practice - ha ha!

Today I got hammered by the UC Irvine men... perhaps too much yardage but then this is the first weekend I have swum through in awhile!

Yesterday I did 10 pullouts after the fast-Friday practice and it seemed to be all I could do... sad.

But KU inspired me to continue today.
    Using a nose clip? I tried that a while back and I guess it seems too weird to me. And this coming from someone who used to use one back at age 11.

I am glad you had the lane to yourself for fly! That is a must for training good fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahelee Sue Osborn
    Leslie -

The sets you are doing are nothing like a masters team would swim in a normal practice - ha ha!

Today I got hammered by the UC Irvine men... perhaps too much yardage but then this is the first weekend I have swum through in awhile!

Yesterday I did 10 pullouts after the fast-Friday practice and it seemed to be all I could do... sad.

Nope, nothing like a regular masters practice, for sure! Going to one today to compare! haha

Doing 10 pull outs at the END of a fast friday would be a killer. Those are probably best done as part of a set as in that Cross Fit workout.

Swimming with fast boys is exhausting. Hope you got a nap!
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna
    Using a nose clip? I tried that a while back and I guess it seems too weird to me. And this coming from someone who used to use one back at age 11.

I am glad you had the lane to yourself for fly! That is a must for training good fly.
    I tried a nose clip about a year ago. It felt weird and I didn't persevere. I decided to try it again because I am just bleeding air like crazy on my backstroke SDKs. It seems to help quite a bit. But it will take a while to overcome the feeling that it is going to fall off at any moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahelee Sue Osborn
    Leslie -

Ha! Tried to do a normal" masters workout today and was foiled! Our pool was closed down due to plumbing problems. Had to do another sprinter workout instead.