2 x (25 @ 90-95% + 75 EZ)
free = 10 mid-high
breast = 13 flat-ish
100 dolphin dive

Total: 1750

ART, 30 minutes

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Random thoughts:

1. It is absolutely gorgeous here! 67 and sunny. Top down. I feel like we got off with the easiest winter ever.

2. I have fought back this cold. This is the first time in recent memory I can recall doing this. I usually can't avoid a miserable downward spiral. I think it really helped to rest the very minute I felt it coming on. And, happily, this was supposed to be a recovery week anyway.

3. I did feel somewhat rested in the water.

4. I have been sleeping a lot. It is going to be brutal getting up at the crack of down for this weekend's meet. (sprinter whine)

5. I received my Arena X-Glide suit in the mail. Unfortunately, they sent me the open back and not the closed back. But with my body glide in hand, I will try it on to see how the size is (having never worn an Arena before). If the closed backs really take 2 to get on, I may just stick with the open back.

6. My shoulder/scapular area has calmed down slightly. However, I have had issues with my upper rhomboid and lower infrasprinatus areas off and for awhile now. I'm going to discuss PRP-ing these spots with my doctor next week. (I previously PRP'd the upper infraspinatus and supraspinatus in 2008.) In the interim, I may see if he will give me a tylenol or advil injection to calm those areas down. I've been diligently doing my rehab exercises, taking advil, etc. without any real effect. The ART seems to help the most. But I grow weary of it bothering me (sprinter whine), and the PRP is sure to help IMO.

7. I am wondering if my elbows are now stable enough to start lifting lightly. My left one is still bothering me every so slightly. I think it was from doing torque drills with paddles. I have not touched a paddle since.

Submit "Thursday, March 1" to Digg Submit "Thursday, March 1" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, March 1" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, March 1" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , ART

Comments

I feel like we got off with the easiest winter ever.
    Way to jinx it. It isn't like VA has never had a snow storm in March.

Congrats on #2 and #4.

#7 Do you want to start lifting now? Maybe that is what you meant by lightly.
    Right on #7. Wondering if it's safe to start upper body lifting again. Not doing that apparently disagrees with my shoulders.