4 x 75 Oreos on 1:15
- fly/bk/fly, bk/br/bk, br/fr/br, fr/fly/fr

100 IM drill ez
100 IM for time (1:09.17)
100 IM drill ez
100 w/d
(solo/Rec/2600yds/55 min)
--------------------------

Had a nice swim this lunchtime in an uncrowded pool. Temp right now = 57, and we'll be in the lower 60's tomorrow. I made the kicks on 1:35, and decided to get some short rest 50's going (a nice complement to last night's 100's). I held :34-35 on the pulls, and for the swims I came in :32-33 - focused on DPS the first lap with a fast turn and turnover on the second lap.

The 75's felt good - came in at :52 for the first set, and I didn't really worry about time on the Oreo's, an idea that I saw in Tim's blog a while back - apparently swimsuit addict can't resist them either. Fun fact - Oreo turned 100 years old on Tuesday.

The IM felt better - maybe I'm playing around too much with the breaststroke. Nice to get under 1:10 again.

Off to enjoy the beautiful day outside. Tonight is the final meeting for our trip to Spain next month, and I will be doing some online pharmacy CE's tonight in an attempt to not procrastinate again this year. Oh, here is a picture from the 200 fly last Saturday: my Rx for success is to have fun and enjoy those turns, especially like I did on the last one:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03806.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	198.7 KB 
ID:	6805

Submit "Workout 3/7/12: whoever told you that is your enemy" to Digg Submit "Workout 3/7/12: whoever told you that is your enemy" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 3/7/12: whoever told you that is your enemy" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 3/7/12: whoever told you that is your enemy" to Google

Tags: oreo
Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

What a nice way to celebrate the centennial of Oreos (although I can think of an even more delicious way to mark the occasion . . .) I enjoyed this article from Slate on their history:

http://mobile.slate.com/articles/bus...his_long_.html