View RSS Feed

Chicken's Nuggets

Beware the Ides of March

Rate this Entry
Tonight's blog is a tired blog.

Today was my long swim day, and what a perfect day to be inside swimming for 4 hours.

It was the warmest, sunniest day we've had in Chicagoland for months. Aside from being tired, grumpy and in the final stages of Consumption, I woke up with "ladies" problems....grrrrrr. To cap it off, it was the Ides of March!!!!!!!

After much thought, I decided that the following would be a good workout:

This turned out to be way too easy, even for a consumptive, and I finished it in a personal best time.

So after much melding and mixing of my various plastic baggy clad workouts, the following was achieved:

yards swum: 13,100;
toilet breaks: 6;
coffee consumed: 20oz:
Nutrition: 3 bottles of water, 1 ensure drink (yuk), 20 oz espresso, 2 gels (lemon sublime and vanilla), 1 small block of Cadbury's milk chocolate and 4 Tim Tams.
Recovery: 2 Stella Artois and miniburgers at the pub.

and there was much rejoicing.

Submit "Beware the Ides of March" to Digg Submit "Beware the Ides of March" to del.icio.us Submit "Beware the Ides of March" to StumbleUpon Submit "Beware the Ides of March" to Google

Updated March 15th, 2009 at 10:48 PM by Chicken of the Sea

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I don't know why the pictures come up so big. I did the exact same thing as last time to post them.
    Was the swim short course or long? That's a long swim....you go girl!
    Short course (yuk). Timed it so that there was a coached workout for the last hour and it worked out well. I planned to go a little longer but as soon as everyone left the coached workout I was outta there!
    wowsers. I don't know how a swim like that is even possible. I'm stupefied!
    totally stupefied!

and i don't even know if i spelled stupefied right.

but wow
    You are a force of nature.

I think I know where all my testosterone has disappeared to.
    haha a stupefied farce of nature!
    i think you are ready for mims! i am going to try and get on one of the boats.
    That would be great!! Save room for me though, because there's a fair chance I'll be trying to get on one of the boats during the swim