The FAF AFAP Digest

Sunday, March 11

Rate this Entry
Gym:

30 minutes rehab exercises

2 x 5 altitude drop from high box + squat jump

35 minutes foam roller, stretching, yoga

Swim/SCM/Solo:

Only time for a quick dip in the hot gym pool, which was happily 84 instead of the usual 86.

600 various

7 x 50 fly drills
50 EZ

20 x 25 @ whatever
odds = up tempo free w/fins
evens = EZ
50 EZ

3 x 50 burst dolphin kick + cruise
50 EZ

Total: 1750 m

15 min hottub

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Took yesterday off as per usual while Mr. Fort went on a 24 mile run. He's been struggling with injuries too; I'm amazed he could do it.

My shoulder/rhomboid area is feeling better. Predictably, I am now having some neck/trap issues. But I have a massage scheduled Tuesday and can hopefully get all the kinks out. This week I'm going to reprise my workouts from the week of Feb. 27 in prep for the Albatross meet.

I saw that KPN broke my WR in the 100 back SCM at French Nationals. She didn't say what her time was though. And I still have the NR because she is swimming with her French team. But I am swimming it this Saturday.

Speedo and Jimby have concocted a plan to go to Nationals in an RV. They are attempting to cajole Stud and me into joining this experiential expedition. As a non-college student and insomniac, I have demurred. Jimby is probably pitching a new article topic already ...

Submit "Sunday, March 11" to Digg Submit "Sunday, March 11" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday, March 11" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday, March 11" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , Yoga

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Speedo and Jimby have concocted a plan to go to Nationals in an RV.
    How very NASCAR southern of them ...... and you, naturally, are evidencing your higher order intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    How very NASCAR southern of them ...... and you, naturally, are evidencing your higher order intelligence.

Watch the cracks on the intelligence of southerners and nascar fans, PWB. We's got plenty of unused land for hiding the remains of snot nosed yankees. I may have to drive to Greensboro in my pick-up just to see the job done correctly, if you keep up with your wisecracks about the pride of the south.

Fort, on a more positive note, go kick the crap out of KPN's world record this coming saturday.
    Running injuries: What does he think of POSE and the equivalent?

The RV idea is awesome. Good call on not joining them, I seriously doubt the RV has Frette linens.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain

The RV idea is awesome. Good call on not joining them, I seriously doubt the RV has Frette linens.
    Great idea to not get involved with the RV. You might as well earn some miles for your trip

What is the difference between POSE running and Chi Running? They look almost identical to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I am certainly exhibiting a higher order of intelligence than my fellow northerners.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee
    Watch the cracks on the intelligence of southerners and nascar fans, PWB. We's got plenty of unused land for hiding the remains of snot nosed yankees. I may have to drive to Greensboro in my pick-up just to see the job done correctly, if you keep up with your wisecracks about the pride of the south.

Fort, on a more positive note, go kick the crap out of KPN's world record this coming saturday.
    Drive!

Thanks. I am anxiously awaiting a target time. I'll have to go out faster than last year when I swam fairly conservatively.

I'm sure Mr. Fort has no idea what POSE or chi running in. But he has been told he has good form. What he does not have is any sense of how to train smartly. I told him last week he was a complete dunce, always killing every workout and doing way too much up tempo stuff. That's a surefire way to get injured, but he almost can't seem to help himself.

I doubt the RV will be either dark or quiet, both necessary for sleep. I bet the beer will be good though. I am not a linen snob. :-P
    Egyptian cotton is only $2 extra per night, btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    What is the difference between POSE running and Chi Running? They look almost identical to me.
    Sorry, that was supposed to be POSE method or the equivalentS.
    Watch the cracks on the intelligence of southerners and nascar fans, PWB.
    Wookiee, I was bred south of the Mason-Dixon line in the capital of the confederacy and even grew up on the "po-white" / NASCAR side of the James River ... grew up on the sweet virginia breeze ([nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAQ_W_M8oQ0"]The Robbin Thompson Band- Sweet Virginia Breeze - YouTube[/nomedia]) ...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I'm sure Mr. Fort has no idea what POSE or chi running in. But he has been told he has good form. What he does not have is any sense of how to train smartly. I told him last week he was a complete dunce, always killing every workout and doing way too much up tempo stuff. That's a surefire way to get injured, but he almost can't seem to help himself.
    Mr. Fort should become an intelligent runner and educate himself on the different styles and their merits... You said I am bigger than he is right?

I doubt the RV will be either dark or quiet, both necessary for sleep. I bet the beer will be good though. I am not a linen snob. :-P
    Dark is a Shanghai Tang sleeping mask and quiet is provided by 3M 1100 ear plugs.

With Speedo's influence, the beer will be good (although Jimbie could sneak in some Iron City or Rolling Rock ) which does make the trip very tempting.

I am a cheap linen snob, so my favorite sheets are at hotels.
    Watch the cracks on the intelligence of southerners and nascar fans, PWB.
    Don't be so sensitive
    Mr. Fort should become an intelligent runner and educate himself on the different styles and their merits... You said I am bigger than he is right?

Dark is a Shanghai Tang sleeping mask and quiet is provided by 3M 1100 ear plugs.

With Speedo's influence, the beer will be good (although Jimbie could sneak in some Iron City or Rolling Rock ) which does make the trip very tempting.
    I am in possession of an extremely good sleeping mask. I do not have ear plugs. I may need to google 3M1100. Still, attempting to sleep in a cramped RV bed in a parking lot whilst all the non-sprinters pull in early for 7:00 am warm up and Jimby wants me to make him coffee and listen to whines before the 500 free ... that would bug the sh*t out of me.

Mr. Fort says he has no time. His training partner gives him workouts when they are not running together. His TP is faster, which is a problem for him. He frequently mocks me for how much time I spend thinking about training and blogging. Yes, he's shorter than you.

Jimby gave up drinking about 5 years ago. He sometimes threatens to re-start, but then takes ambien early instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    Egyptian cotton is only $2 extra per night, btw.
    Purchased on ebay no doubt.
    Purchased on ebay no doubt.
    Toity girl.
    I think the idea of the 'rolling turd' is genius! Of course, back in the day, I slept in my van during our states meet at your alma mater.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    Toity girl.
    Now, now, I am really not very girly. I barely use my blow dryer anymore. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    I think the idea of the 'rolling turd' is genius! Of course, back in the day, I slept in my van during our states meet at your alma mater.
    I could sleep anywhere anytime when I was that age!

Ew, nasty imagery.
    You saw the Robin Williams movie, RV, right? That was the nickname for their ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    You saw the Robin Williams movie, RV, right? That was the nickname for their ride.
    I have a very faint distant memory of this ... It was huge as I recall. Jimby would insist on taking up 3/4 of it and only leaving a couch for the rest of us groupies.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast