The FAF AFAP Digest

Sunday, March 11

Rate this Entry
Gym:

30 minutes rehab exercises

2 x 5 altitude drop from high box + squat jump

35 minutes foam roller, stretching, yoga

Swim/SCM/Solo:

Only time for a quick dip in the hot gym pool, which was happily 84 instead of the usual 86.

600 various

7 x 50 fly drills
50 EZ

20 x 25 @ whatever
odds = up tempo free w/fins
evens = EZ
50 EZ

3 x 50 burst dolphin kick + cruise
50 EZ

Total: 1750 m

15 min hottub

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Took yesterday off as per usual while Mr. Fort went on a 24 mile run. He's been struggling with injuries too; I'm amazed he could do it.

My shoulder/rhomboid area is feeling better. Predictably, I am now having some neck/trap issues. But I have a massage scheduled Tuesday and can hopefully get all the kinks out. This week I'm going to reprise my workouts from the week of Feb. 27 in prep for the Albatross meet.

I saw that KPN broke my WR in the 100 back SCM at French Nationals. She didn't say what her time was though. And I still have the NR because she is swimming with her French team. But I am swimming it this Saturday.

Speedo and Jimby have concocted a plan to go to Nationals in an RV. They are attempting to cajole Stud and me into joining this experiential expedition. As a non-college student and insomniac, I have demurred. Jimby is probably pitching a new article topic already ...

Submit "Sunday, March 11" to Digg Submit "Sunday, March 11" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday, March 11" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday, March 11" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , Yoga

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I am in possession of an extremely good sleeping mask. I do not have ear plugs. I may need to google 3M1100. Still, attempting to sleep in a cramped RV bed in a parking lot whilst all the non-sprinters pull in early for 7:00 am warm up and Jimby wants me to make him coffee and listen to whines before the 500 free ... that would bug the sh*t out of me.

Mr. Fort says he has no time. His training partner gives him workouts when they are not running together. His TP is faster, which is a problem for him. He frequently mocks me for how much time I spend thinking about training and blogging. Yes, he's shorter than you.

Jimby gave up drinking about 5 years ago. He sometimes threatens to re-start, but then takes ambien early instead.
    I am amazed at how well 3m 1100s works. The guy next to me on the flight to London recommended them (he averages six international flights a month) and I used them in Walnut Creek while my neighbor listened to Opera late into the night.

Do you mock Mr. Fort for how much time he spends training vs how many NR and WRs he has?

You would never know that Jimby gave up drinking...
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    I am amazed at how well 3m 1100s works. The guy next to me on the flight to London recommended them (he averages six international flights a month) and I used them in Walnut Creek while my neighbor listened to Opera late into the night.

Do you mock Mr. Fort for how much time he spends training vs how many NR and WRs he has?

You would never know that Jimby gave up drinking...
    I'm going to order a pair!

He's a very good athlete, so I don't mock him over that. Right now, my mocking is confined mainly to how having a narrow minded old school training mentality results in injury. :-)
    First of all, I never said that I wanted 3 of the 4 beds in the RV. I only need two of them!

Second, I am counting on the groupies to serve as combination feather-stuffed pillows and memory foam mattresses.

Third, if the RV proves unaffordable, could I sleep by myself in the Durango?

And penultimately, if the answer to Part Third is no, I would like to start an Occupy Greensboro movement in the pool parking lot--who's with me?

And ultimately, I think it's been longer than five years since last I totalled anything but tee. I do still toy with the idea of returning to the world of spirited beverages one day, and regularly consult the actuarial tables to see when death by old age vs. death by alcohol, methamphetamines, crack, Xanax, and a host of other potential Brompton's Cocktail for 2012 (TM) concoctions intersect, making it no net loss to let loose.

I shall keep you ppppppppppssotthed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jim thornton
    First of all, I never said that I wanted 3 of the 4 beds in the RV. I only need two of them!

Second, I am counting on the groupies to serve as combination feather-stuffed pillows and memory foam mattresses.

And penultimately, if the answer to Part Third is no, I would like to start an Occupy Greensboro movement in the pool parking lot--who's with me?

And ultimately, I think it's been longer than five years since last I totalled anything but tee. I do still toy with the idea of returning to the world of spirited beverages one day, and regularly consult the actuarial tables to see when death by old age vs. death by alcohol, methamphetamines, crack, Xanax, and a host of other potential Brompton's Cocktail for 2012 (TM) concoctions intersect, making it no net loss to let loose.

The Durango will be parked overnight in the Marriott hotel lot where the adults (Stud and me) are staying. If you can brave it, it's all yours. But it will leaving for the pool at the sprinter time, not the D folk time. There are shuttles of course.

I don't think an occasional drink will kill you. In fact, if you are truly moderate, it could prove beneficial to your health. As you know!
    Quote Originally Posted by jim thornton

Btw, Jazz and I are having an interesting discussion about aerobic energy training on his blog. Appears that we both approve of il garbagio.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12