- odd: stroke drill
- even: Burst and cruise 8/10/12/full

4 x 75 on 2:00
- 2 FR (43+, 44-)
- 2 Back (49-, 48+)

4 x 25 AFAP on :60
- 2 FR (12.43, 12.39)
- 2 BK (14.54, 14.37)

200 easy and out (including some back starts)
(solo/Rec/2400 yds/65 minutes)
-------------------------

Felt like I swam more than that, but I guess when you change into taper mode and are putting out higher intensity with more rest that should feel about right. I'm a little disappointed that my fast swims were not faster, although I did play around with turnover a bit and found that I need to crank over faster for the sprint events. Anyways, more time to talk with my lanemates, so that is good.

It seems like my training has pointed me towards some gains in the 100+ events, so we'll see if that Yingfa can help to assist the 50's. My plan for the rest of the week is to drop total yardage tomorrow, a swim before work on Wednesday (most likely meet warmup, a few 25 or 50's, then warmdown), and then off on Thursday due to work.

You can check out the psych sheets and also info about tuning in via the intertubes at the official Harvard Meet website. They will display a virtual scoreboard with each heat as well as live video from the deck - pretty neat way to check in all 887 athletes in action if you are so inclined.

Oh, the New England Masters website is hinting that the LCM regional champs will be at Harvard in early June. I might try to go and swim my first ever LCM meet. I might decide to just ride my motorcycle around, too.

Submit "Workout 03/12/12:" to Digg Submit "Workout 03/12/12:" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 03/12/12:" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 03/12/12:" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , Planning

Comments

I'd be psyched if they have a LCM at Harvard!

I was considering doing the Charles River swim that weekend, but I'd much rather swim a LCM meet, especially since the water quality of the Charles kind of sketches me out.

I will see you Saturday!
    You're training is definitely mid-D. Still, you are on the improvement curve so could see drops in all events.

Interesting about Harvard ... I'd probably rather go there than Omaha. But I likely have a conflict with crew season.
    I think you'll see some huge improvements wearing the Yingfa. Some may be actual, some psychological. But for $25, tough to pass up.

Just come out to AZ for some LCM meets! Hotel prices are dirt cheap in PHX over summer. Paul told us we're switching to LCM on 4/1 and there's always a few USMS meets to choose from, plus the AZ State Games. Can't wait to get in another 200 LCM breast
    Quote Originally Posted by slknight
    I'd be psyched if they have a LCM at Harvard!

I was considering doing the Charles River swim that weekend, but I'd much rather swim a LCM meet, especially since the water quality of the Charles kind of sketches me out.

I will see you Saturday!
    I might consider the Charles swim in the morning, then race the rest of the weekend. I guess Middlebury is out.

Get ready for a great birthday weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    I might consider the Charles swim in the morning, then race the rest of the weekend. I guess Middlebury is out.
    Shortly after last year's meet, Middlebury announced that they were not going to hold the meet again. I guess they were having trouble getting enough people to come to make it worthwhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    You're training is definitely mid-D. Still, you are on the improvement curve so could see drops in all events.

Interesting about Harvard ... I'd probably rather go there than Omaha. But I likely have a conflict with crew season.
    I think I need to focus on going out stronger on the first half of those swims, ala James Adams, then driving it home.

I heard about the venue change from my buddy Jim (on the Cape) at the Simon's Rock meet. I'm off that week as well, so it is on the radar for this summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    I think you'll see some huge improvements wearing the Yingfa. Some may be actual, some psychological. But for $25, tough to pass up.

Just come out to AZ for some LCM meets! Hotel prices are dirt cheap in PHX over summer. Paul told us we're switching to LCM on 4/1 and there's always a few USMS meets to choose from, plus the AZ State Games. Can't wait to get in another 200 LCM breast
    You're right!

I'll keep my eyes open for a trip to AZ. Never been there before, only afraid I might melt! Haha Good luck on that 2breast - I'll have my hands full swimming it yards this weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by jbs
    Shortly after last year's meet, Middlebury announced that they were not going to hold the meet again. I guess they were having trouble getting enough people to come to make it worthwhile.
    I guess that it would be a journey for most of New England. I think that during my senior year in high school that new complex was built, so I swam in it scy for states, but not long course.
    Wow!! What a HUGE meet!!!! I'd probably get bored to death waiting for my events to come along in that meet...and spread out over 3 days no less!! I supposed you're still limited to 6 events or so, right?

Good luck and have fun. I'll be trying to watch results to see how I match up with the NE'ers.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Wow!! What a HUGE meet!!!! I'd probably get bored to death waiting for my events to come along in that meet...and spread out over 3 days no less!! I supposed you're still limited to 6 events or so, right?
    It is a crazy, crazy meet. And it's 4 days, if you count the distance day which was this past Saturday. They limit you to 4 events per day (and one on the distance day).
    no LCM Meet ever! You have been deprived!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1

Good luck and have fun. I'll be trying to watch results to see how I match up with the NE'ers.
    That's why it's fun to meet up with my buddies from all over the area. The Codders and Maine folks, like most others I've met, help pass the time with good conversation.

I've entered ten this year. Not sure what I was thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    no LCM Meet ever! You have been deprived!
    I keep hearing that only the best swimmers compete LCM ... But, like those Maine folks, there is a shortage of that length pool in our region.