View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Thursday, March 15

Rate this Entry
ART, 30 min:

Doc says the shoulder area is not as inflamed. I guess some rest and body work agreed with it.

Swim/SCY/Solo:

600 various

5 x 50 caterpillar fly @ :15 RI

8 x 25 shooter w/fins @ :40
50 EZ

6 x 25 free no breath @ :40
50 EZ

4 x burst + cruise @ 1:00
-- dolphin kick
50 EZ

4 x burst + cruise @ 1:00
-- speed drills
50 EZ

3 x (25 build free + back turn + free breakout + east + 50 EZ)
-- finally had a decent breakout on #3, but I generally seem to suck at these. it seems to work better if I wait until I'm virtually at the surface before flipping on my belly
-- not sure if I'm ready to do attempt this in prime time ...

100 EZ

Total: 2200

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Felt pretty good in the water today after my second "drop taper" in 3 weeks. I'll just do an easy 1000 and a few bursts tomorrow, and be ready to go! 50 fly split request/100 back/50 free/200 mixed medley relay (fly leg). I wish that I had more than 3+ weeks to cram for Nats, but c'est la vie. I'm sure I'll be fine. I plan to start tapering on April 10, 3 days before Zones and 2+ weeks before Nats. Zones will be my last hard sprint "workout." I will keep my yardage about the same the following week, but reduce the HIT yards and increase the IG yards.

The kids in my swim team carpool reprogramed Siri to call me "master." I am enjoying this.

All the fast PV are folks are at the SCM meet this weekend, except Speedo and Jazzy. Here's the psych sheet and swim phone links:
http://www.pvmasters.org/albatross/psych12.htm
http://www.swimphone.com/mobile/meet....cfm?smid=3617

Hmm ... I seem to have double posted this blog entry.

Submit "Thursday, March 15" to Digg Submit "Thursday, March 15" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, March 15" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, March 15" to Google

Updated March 15th, 2012 at 04:50 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , ART

Comments

"The kids in my swim team carpool reprogramed Siri to call me "master." I am enjoying this."

nice...
    Quote Originally Posted by jswim
    "The kids in my swim team carpool reprogramed Siri to call me "master." I am enjoying this."

nice...
    I can live with a "yes, master." I seem to get so little respect at home.
    My 8 year old had a friend sleepover recently and she asked me what she should call me. I told her "Lord Brundage" and it stuck. Very fun. Maybe I have to get me an iPhone just to keep up the illusion of omnipotence.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Lord Brundage
    http://youtu.be/Bc1Zc4qsTQk
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    My 8 year old had a friend sleepover recently and she asked me what she should call me. I told her "Lord Brundage" and it stuck. Very fun. Maybe I have to get me an iPhone just to keep up the illusion of omnipotence.
    The illusion of omnipotence ... I think that has been permanently crushed out of me. Since women are apparently not permitted to use the Lord title (how quaint), I will stick with Master.
    http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com...ords-in-France

Pipes-Neilsen shattered Leslie Livingston's world record of 1:09.25 in the 100 back with a 1:08.12.
    As I think they say in the south, done 'er git!
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com...ords-in-France

As I think they say in the south, done 'er git!
    Yep, just saw that myself. 1:08.12. That's a big chunk of time I'd have to drop. No choice but to take it out faster and hope I'm in better shape and can hold on.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Yep, just saw that myself. 1:08.12. That's a big chunk of time I'd have to drop. No choice but to take it out faster and hope I'm in better shape and can hold on.
    When you're surprising yourself with national records in your backup suit in an unrested local meet, anything's possible.
    When you're surprising yourself with national records in your backup suit in an unrested local meet, anything's possible.
    Well, I did rest some for that meet.

But point well taken! And I have a new suit to the ready!
    Well, I did rest some for that meet.

But point well taken! And I have a new suit to the ready!
    ATTN Speedo, Roddins, Wolfy, and all other forumites at Albatross meet: when Fort's new suit rips, yell "Mazel tov!"
    ATTN Speedo, Roddins, Wolfy, and all other forumites at Albatross meet: when Fort's new suit rips, yell "Mazel tov!"
    I have 2 new suits. :-)
    Go get it!! Get out fast, and shatter that record right back at her! Friendly competition is always good.

In chasing a record or qual. time, etc...personally I'd rather know I went out hard and gave it everything I had, than to finish the race and feel like I still had a lot left!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    personally I'd rather know I went out hard and gave it everything I had, than to finish the race and feel like I still had a lot left!!
    I've never finished a 100 and felt like I had anything left, even when going out in a controlled fashion. Still, my turnover was slow (for me) in my last 100 back and it seems I have no choice but to correct this and see what happens. If I die, so what really? I'll swim another SCM meet later in the year.