low row negatives, 60 x 3 x 8
explosive leg press, 230 x 1 x 15, 250 x 2 x 15
tricep press, 40 x 2 x 20
altitude drops, 3 x 6
knee tuck jumps, 10
power wheel roll outs, 3 x 15

Stretching/Yoga, 30 min

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Back at it at the gym. Spent a long time there. But a good chunk was rehab exercises and I doddle between sets. No cardio involved in my drylands.

Vids are gone. Poof! Had a few on there of other folks too. No idea why. My phone just went crazy when I plugged it into the computer to download them.

Still pondering my Zones entries. I think I'm going minimalistic. I'll likely just do the 200 mixed and women's medley and free relays, 100 breast and 100 free. And maybe 50 fly. I can get a 50 free split leading off one or both of the free relays if I'm so inclined. (I always seem to go first on our relays.) That's still 6-7 events (plenty for me) and I just don't want to swim 8-10 events so close to Nats. I'd prefer some low key fun with my team and friends.

I checked my fly split from the medley relay and it really was 29.4. And that was with a safe start and 3 breaths. I'm not sure it was all that helpful to only take 1 breath ...

Submit "Monday, March 19" to Digg Submit "Monday, March 19" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, March 19" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, March 19" to Google

Updated March 19th, 2012 at 08:40 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Strength Training and Dryland Workouts , Yoga

Comments

I'd prefer some low key fun
    Swim the 200 back, it doesn't get any more fun than that. You know you want to.
    I agree with Chris. And neither of us is trolling.

I've swum it in yards. Isn't once enough, you two clowns?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I've swum it in yards. Isn't once enough, you two clowns?
    I swim it too fairly often, and last time I checked, I'm not even a backstroker!!!

I think the WR or NR needs a little scare, don't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I swim it too fairly often, and last time I checked, I'm not even a backstroker!!!

I think the WR or NR needs a little scare, don't you?
    I looked out of curiosity. The NR (no WRs in SCY) is 2:16. I think the last time I swam this dread event, back in the B70 days, I went 2:22.

SDKs and the 200 back don't mix too well. And I'm sure KPN will come along soon enough and wipe it out.

Besides, I will likely still be WAY too tired from my 100 breast that day. I am a hot house flower.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    SDKs and the 200 back don't mix too well.
    Sure they do!
    I checked my fly split from the medley relay and it really was 29.4. And that was with a safe start and 3 breaths. I'm not sure it was all that helpful to only take 1 breath ...
    I saw this relay swim and think you hit your breakouts and turn better than the 50 race. It should also give you confidence that you can swim fast anytime (not just the first event early in the afternoon).
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Sure they do!
    That is a very evil grin.
    Quote Originally Posted by jroddin
    I saw this relay swim and think you hit your breakouts and turn better than the 50 race. It should also give you confidence that you can swim fast anytime (not just the first event early in the afternoon).
    Thanks Jeff. Agree that I hit my breakouts and walls better on the relay. Those things make such a huge difference in a 50.

I have swum fast at the end of a meet day before. I just wanted one fresh shot at the 50 fly, as the previous times I've swum it had been mid or end of meet. I did have a couple hours rest before I swam the relay. So that probably helped too.