4 x 50 on 1:00
- 1st: Fly no breath 25/25 DPS FR
- 2nd: Back breathe every 4 25/25 DPS FR
- 3rd: FR no breath 25/25 DPS FR
- 4th: DPS

100 loosen and out
(solo/Rec/2300yds/45 minutes)
------------------------------

Well, I got run down by that head bug going around, complete with fever and sweats on Sunday and Monday. Felt like someone was swinging from coathangers lodged in my ears with a sore throat. Pulled out the APAP/Ibu staggered dosing with cetirizine and pseuodephedrine to make it through 12 hour workdays Tue-Thurs. Feeling better now, but still tired - my wife knew it was bad when I started to make up the Jello for my primary food source and I missed Monday night Men's Bible study. I also missed a video taping about the drug task force that I am on that will be shown around the state - never had a chance at my fifteen minutes of fame. Oh well.

Felt good to get into the pool tonight and it was relatively uncrowded. I was going to do more 200's in the main set, but figured it was best not to push it in my current state, plus I have masters practice tomorrow morning with the team and I want to be fresh.

Looks like we are entering the spring championship meet season - it'll be fun to hear about the action through the blogs over the next few weeks. Swim fast, everyone!

Submit "Workout 03/30/12:" to Digg Submit "Workout 03/30/12:" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 03/30/12:" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 03/30/12:" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Nice set! Sorry to hear about getting the bug, seems to be everywhere. But if you could still go 2:20 on a 200 you must not have felt that bad
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Nice set! Sorry to hear about getting the bug, seems to be everywhere. But if you could still go 2:20 on a 200 you must not have felt that bad
    Thanks, Tim. I was actually thinking the same thing! I will surprised at those times, and will be reevaluating my taper plans in the future! haha
    I guess you did end up taking a bit of a break from the pool - sorry it was because you got a case of the yucks. Glad you pulled through and are back at it in the pool again.

Wanted to check in and see how things are progressing for the meet on the 28th. Let me know if there's anything I can be doing at this point to facilitate.

Had a bit of a swimming adventure on Monday - went out to the Total Immersion studio in NY for a couple one-on-one lessons. It was pretty neat - and now I'm swimming slower than ever! Doing drills, that is.