View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Friday, March 30, 2012 5:00am & Shaved to Go FAST!

Rate this Entry
This morning, I just got in for a quick swim around. I did approximately 1000 yards or so, doing quite a bit of dolphining, fly drill, variable speed fly play, etc. Mostly slow and easy. Made it through work without too much exhausting stuff, and went to a good family dinner at the local Mexican restaurant for my "last meal".

I'm really focusing on the 200 Fly/400 IM for the weekend. My other events will follow suit though: 100 Fly, 200 IM, 200 Free, 500 Free. The last is the one I'm actually the most worried of.

Luckily my two focus events are on Day 1, and I can just have fun with Day 2, but still swim fast. I am now shaved down and ready for bed. In the morning, I'll wake up, get my routine McDonald's breakfast on the way out of town, Then I'll just enjoy the 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive across the state over to Moscow, Idaho. It's really pretty relaxing...just sit back and get the rock music pounding as I go down the road.

Submit "Friday, March 30, 2012 5:00am & Shaved to Go FAST!" to Digg Submit "Friday, March 30, 2012 5:00am & Shaved to Go FAST!" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, March 30, 2012 5:00am & Shaved to Go FAST!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, March 30, 2012 5:00am & Shaved to Go FAST!" to Google

Comments

You probably won't see this in time (sorry), but hope you're swimming like a great Russian swimmer of the USSR days in Moscow today - channeling the right mix of Popov and Salnikov for the speed + endurance along with whatever great IMer the Soviets must have had in their glory days.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    You probably won't see this in time (sorry), but hope you're swimming like a great Russian swimmer of the USSR days in Moscow today - channeling the right mix of Popov and Salnikov for the speed + endurance along with whatever great IMer the Soviets must have had in their glory days.
    Thanks for the encouraging words. I did have a pretty okay 400 IM. Not great, but not bad. Left plenty of room for improvement at the PNA meet in 2 weeks! Plus I'll have some competition a little closer to me I'm sure. (my next competitor today was over 100 yards back)