leg extensions, 70 x 3 x 10
low row negatives, super light, 40 x 3 x 10
med ball slams, 2 x 10
power wheel pike ups, 2 x 15
captains chair leg raises, 20
knee tuck jumps, 10
altitude drops, 2 x 8

Yoga/Stretching, 30-35 minutes

Addings some neck stretches in light of that injury.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reduced weight today. Looks like Wed. will be my last day of drylands, though not of tedious rehab exercises.

Took yesterday off which was filled with kid events anyway. Teen Fort's boat won in regatta finals by almost 5 boat lengths. I think they will have a good year. She looks tiny rowing in the 4 seat of a heavyweight boat. But like her mommy she has a lot of power output for her size Lil Fort was a scoring maniac in her indoor soccer game. Then I came home to find that elitist Guthrie was being an ass and Stillwater was being a blowhard dick. (Looks around wonders once again if mods read blogs. Last time I cursed, it went unnoticed. ) They must be jealous that they can't think and execute like me! If more people did, they would swim faster faster, as Ande would say.

The PRP jabs feel better. I'll hit the pool tomorrow. May stick to mostly AFAP kicking for a couple days though.

Still don't know what to enter at Zones ... I am currently thinking of just swimming the 100 back and 100 breast. Possibly the 100 IM. I will probably opt out of the 100 free as free is the worst on my shoulder and probably don't want to use a "silver bullet" on that. Though I was intrigued by doing a lot of dolphin kick in it.

And I still await Jimby's public mea culpa ...

Submit "Sunday, April 1" to Digg Submit "Sunday, April 1" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday, April 1" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday, April 1" to Google

Updated April 1st, 2012 at 09:52 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Strength Training and Dryland Workouts , Yoga

Comments

"Dick" is the perfect swear word for this forum, since it is a proper name and thus uncensorable! We just need to transform it into all the parts of speech:

Stillwater is a dick
    Dickish remarks
    Don't dick me around
    I wouldn't put it quite so dicktastically
    Kurt Dickson
    The PRP jabs feel better.
    Glad to hear this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands
    "Dick" is the perfect swear word for this forum, since it is a proper name and thus uncensorable! We just need to transform it into all the parts of speech:

Stillwater is a dick
    Dickish remarks
    Don't dick me around
    I wouldn't put it quite so dicktastically
    Kurt Dickson
    Happy April Dick day
    Stillwater writes dickishly
    Dicky remarks
    No dicking around
    I wouldn't put it quite so dickiously
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Glad to hear this.
    Me too. My brother was a in a boot for ages after PRP on his achilles. At least my dickish shoulder responds well to something.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Me too. My brother was a in a boot for ages after PRP on his achilles. At least my dickish shoulder responds well to something.
    Ok, well, he is called McFlabby and you are called The Fortress, so... kinda went as expected, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Ok, well, he is called McFlabby and you are called The Fortress, so... kinda went as expected, no?
    He is my half bro.

Mr. Fort successfully rehabbed a labral tear in his hip with no PRP or surgery. What does that make him?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Mr. Fort successfully rehabbed a labral tear in his hip with no PRP or surgery. What does that make him?
    Hop scotch champ?
    I say enter what you really want to swim. If you are focusing on nationals, that is only 2 weeks away after that. Anything you swim at Colonies zones should support how you will perform at nationals.
    The most important factor for me is not to overdo it with too many events. One year I swam ten and it took days to recover. I want to avoid that, and keep it to a good speed workout.