View RSS Feed

Random Nonsense

Back to back HIT workout experiment

Rate this Entry
It is the weekend, so I thought would do back to back HIT workouts, all max effort swims with tons of rest and recovery swimming between.

Saturday
- 1500-1700 warm up
Main Set
-- 400 - 500 ez between each swim
- 100 IM 1:05.83 - 30.53 35.30
- 200 back 2:27.92 - 34.82 37.33 38.3 37.47
- 50 breast 35.67 (pulled a "breaststroke muscle")
- 100 free 54.64 - 26.73 27.91
- 50 back 32.49
- 50 free 24.23 (rolling start)
-- no recovery swim 5 minute break
- 50 free 24.63 (rolling start)
-- no recovery swim 5 minute break
- 100 back 1:08.35 - 33.19 35.16
-- no recovery swim 10 minute break
- 100 free 56.00 - 26.20 29.80 (rolling start)
Cool down
- 300 ez

Sunday
- 1000 warmup
Main Set
-- 500 ez between each swim
- 100 breast 1:22.71 - 38.96 43.75 (pulled muscle not happy)
- 200 free 2:03.30 - 29.11 31.55 31.67 30.97
- 50 fly 29.79
- 100 back 1:07.49 - 33.64 33.85
- 50 free 24.76
- 50 free 24.02 rolling start
Cool down
- Practice Monday

Experiment results: Not much in the way of speed this weekend, but the splitting and consistency between sprints was good.

Submit "Back to back HIT workout experiment" to Digg Submit "Back to back HIT workout experiment" to del.icio.us Submit "Back to back HIT workout experiment" to StumbleUpon Submit "Back to back HIT workout experiment" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Holy crap, I would have been flattened after Saturday with all that full length sprinting.

Just do breast dolphin. Then all will be well, and your muscles won't feel dickish.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Holy crap, I would have been flattened after Saturday with all that full length sprinting.
    That last 100 free was very very difficult. Sunday wasn't too bad other than my legs were toast from Saturday.

Just do breast dolphin. Then all will be well, and your muscles won't feel dickish.
    Happily, I have no idea what you are talking about. I do miss interacting with the bloggers as much as I used to, but I don't miss the forums.
    Huh? You were at the meet, right? The 2nd day looks like all the events plus relays. I think I may have beat you in the 50 free. I went 24.7? So it comes down to the 100ths!
    Just do breast dolphin. Then all will be well
    Methinks he would have been DQ'd
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Methinks he would have been DQ'd
    That did have a nice April Fools twist. I was wondering about all that race simulation. However, he still should have done breast dolphin just to see if the officials were awake.
    You swam nine events in one day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands
    I'm guessing that the 100 back on Sat was a relay leadoff.
    You never swim breaststroke. Why would you start now?

I hope you stretched, used the foam roller, and iced. Hope your pull goes away soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    Huh? You were at the meet, right? The 2nd day looks like all the events plus relays. I think I may have beat you in the 50 free. I went 24.7? So it comes down to the 100ths!
    Day one doesn't look like all the events plus the relays? I think there were 7 events per day, so not technically all.

You went 24.75 to my 24.76, Congrats! We will see if I do a little better when it isn't my 14th race of the weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands
    There was no typo.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    You never swim breaststroke. Why would you start now?

I hope you stretched, used the foam roller, and iced. Hope your pull goes away soon.
    I don't ever swim fly, back or IM either right? I now have baseline times in most events.

It is the psosa or piriformis or something near them that only really get used during breaststroke. I don't even notice it the majority of the time, just during breast stroke and immediately after climbing out of the pool.
    What a fun experiment to observe. Thanks for posting. Looks consistent, you're right, with great splitting.
    pulled a "breaststroke muscle"
    Glad I don't have any of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    What a fun experiment to observe. Thanks for posting. Looks consistent, you're right, with great splitting.
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    I don't ever swim fly, back or IM either right? I now have baseline times in most events.

It is the psosa or piriformis or something near them that only really get used during breaststroke. I don't even notice it the majority of the time, just during breast stroke and immediately after climbing out of the pool.
    I guess that's true
    Even I've done back and IM at meets. They make good filler I guess.

I think that's the same muscle that I had sore on Sat. The foam roller works wonders. Get on your side and hold up as close to the hip as you can. I've also found sitting on the roller and rolling my butt helps.

Next thing you know you'll be giving me some competition...in breast
    What is next? Any more meets or training/off until the summer?
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    What is next? Any more meets or training/off until the summer?
    Nothing. I only have non-swimming related training plans for the foreseeable future.