View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Meet report!!!

Rate this Entry
I am very happy to announce that I haven't lost "it", although I am tired from (and i'm sure you're about as tired reading about) something that ends with an X.....and begins with a P.

200 free - 50 free spllit: 25.1

50 fly - 27.4

50 free - 24.7

200 IM - 2:26

I don't remember my hundreths! The 50 split was really quite distracting - it was an early event and more like a tune-up. I think it's really hard to actually go all-out and then have to turn and do more swimming, even if it is easy swimming.

50 fly was a real delight! I was worried i'd go over 28, but was still well under it! I didn't warm up fly, since my shoulder has been bothering me. I thought, no sense blowing it out in warmup, just wait for the real event, and at least then you'll get in a 50 free beforehand! I am very happy to report no sharp stabbing pains, although I did have to change my stroke (yeah, like it was really tight!).

50 free was the swim 'o the meet for me! That is a very solid time, my mid-point for the year and I gloat over my strong finish! Not the umph, but was able to put it all together. Both 50's were dead on for breathing and I went 1/1.

200 IM bonus! I was on the fence about this, and decided not to do a split request. But, after I warmed down after the 50, the event started, so I thought i'd just do it about 90% for the heck of it! I decided if I saw anyone (I was in the end lane, last heat, 2 empty lanes next to me), then i'd race it the last 50. Alas, saw no one and not even anyone's feet. So I powered down and just tried to look smooth coming home, punching it the last few strokes - no sense wasting that little bit!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Next up: enter Colonies Zone events. Still not quite sure, but a whooping 5 entry limit!

Starting week three of letter - 90 -letter.....

Submit "Meet report!!!" to Digg Submit "Meet report!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Meet report!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Meet report!!!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Very nice 50 free for sure! And 50 fly. I never take a single stroke of fly in warm up. I do some single arm, but don't see the need for anything more.

See you soon! I am now thinking of your silver bullet analogy every time I think about my zones entries.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Very nice 50 free for sure! And 50 fly. I never take a single stroke of fly in warm up. I do some single arm, but don't see the need for anything more.

See you soon! I am now thinking of your silver bullet analogy every time I think about my zones entries.
    Thanks! Here is something sort of funny but very true just for you:

re: sandbagging:

What an honor. You should be thrilled. The best I ever got was, "Great swim!" But you, you essentially have post after post of "Impossible swim! You must have gamed the system to get your records!" There will always be naysayers. But that is because they can't "say it" in the water, and thus the name calling and unsettling remarks. I would be so thrilled if someone took the time to look up the MEET ENTRY to reconstruct the event seeding to final time!!! And you'll never make them understand, but you can consol yourself that most everyone doesn't think and execute like you, and that it is really, really, really hard to do - or else we'd all be world record holders!! Keep up the great job, great workout posts, and your inspiration to all of us!!!
    Nice 50s. And you're coming all the way to Colonies Zones, in Virginia?
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    Thanks! Here is something sort of funny but very true just for you:

re: sandbagging:

What an honor. You should be thrilled. The best I ever got was, "Great swim!" But you, you essentially have post after post of "Impossible swim! You must have gamed the system to get your records!" There will always be naysayers. But that is because they can't "say it" in the water, and thus the name calling and unsettling remarks. I would be so thrilled if someone took the time to look up the MEET ENTRY to reconstruct the event seeding to final time!!! And you'll never make them understand, but you can consol yourself that most everyone doesn't think and execute like you, and that it is really, really, really hard to do - or else we'd all be world record holders!! Keep up the great job, great workout posts, and your inspiration to all of us!!!
    If I had half a brain and wasn't so weary of that thread, I would have responded thusly!
    Great swims! Glad to see you pumped for the free!
    50 free 24.75
    200 IM 2:26.81 31.32 37.36 45.39 32.74
    50 fly 27.46
    50 free split 25.14

I watched your 200 free and I made two comments. "I bet that is Michelle going for a 50 split." and "She isn't going to be happy with that time."

Congrats on your 50 free, that is a time to be happy with. And beating me, but that is a low bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Great swims! Glad to see you pumped for the free!
    Thank you! It is very rewarding to have those swims that you know you executed well - and the ability to recognize a good time for what you are capable of that day. To go 25.1 and then really come back at 24.7 - that was quite a good swim! Though a 24.7 at other times of the year would be a dissapointment! I am most happy with the execution. That's what it took to get the time yesterday! Now I feel the pressure is off - 25.1 was iffy for a top ten, but a 24.7 puts me in good position. If it is a fast year and I don't make it, I wouldn't feel bad. Now I can just try to go a bit faster, nothing to lose!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands
    Nice 50s. And you're coming all the way to Colonies Zones, in Virginia?
    Yippee, yes! I usually feel the travel-for-a-meet bug around this time. I usually go to AZ and visit chowsh, but their zone meet was a deal killer since it was this same weekend and at Brophy, which I am not that fond of. So I looked around and decided between your meet and the Mission Viejo meet. The deciding factor was the 10 event limit, USA-S option, and guaranteed great competition. I just entered, and made sure I entered very speedy times to ensure a good seed! You cannot enter ho-hum times and be gauranteed the fast ladies heat!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    If I had half a brain and wasn't so weary of that thread, I would have responded thusly!

That's cuz you spend your time thinking about your own swimming and what goes on in your lane! Strategy applies to all aspects of your swimming - training, meet entry, and knowing what is available and using it to your best advantage. Yippee, I entered the meet last night! AFter the 50 free, I entered the 200 back and 100 fly! I am feeling venturous after the 200 IM ordeal, and so maybe do a 1st ever 200 back?? It is nice it would be a last event, so not to interfere with any other events!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    50 free 24.75
    200 IM 2:26.81 31.32 37.36 45.39 32.74
    50 fly 27.46
    50 free split 25.14

I watched your 200 free and I made two comments. "I bet that is Michelle going for a 50 split." and "She isn't going to be happy with that time."

Congrats on your 50 free, that is a time to be happy with. And beating me, but that is a low bar.
    Thanks for posting my splits - wow, what a whopping slow down on the back and breast! Especially the breast! Between those 2, I see an "easy" 5 seconds right there! This was my 1st 200 IM SCY since 2003 that I did not use as a split request and that was not a mystery IM. Awesome. I like this event! I might set a 1 second goal to whittle my way down. No sense rushing the gates to sub :20's too soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi;
    That's cuz you spend your time thinking about your own swimming and what goes on in your lane! Strategy applies to all aspects of your swimming - training, meet entry, and knowing what is available and using it to your best advantage. Yippee, I entered the meet last night! AFter the 50 free, I entered the 200 back and 100 fly! I am feeling venturous after the 200 IM ordeal, and so maybe do a 1st ever 200 back?? It is nice it would be a last event, so not to interfere with any other events!!!
    I am going to annoy people further by doing a split request in the 200 breast! There is not enough rest for me to do the open one on Sunday after two other events. I want to sneak in a fast 100 IM before KPN gets to it.

200 back, impressive. I am wondering if I should enter and just cruise it at about 80%.

Looks like Fall is entered in your events, so you'll have some good competition there.