View RSS Feed

Year Three: The Road Back

Another Good Day... But I Need a Rest Day

Rate this Entry
by , April 10th, 2012 at 01:57 PM (591 Views)
Today in the pool was another good day. My plan is to slowly increase the length of the freestyle swims I can accomplish without fins. Now, when I say slowly, I mean S - L - O - W - L - Y. Of course, it feels so much slower than that. But... I also have now swam two days in a row and while my shoulder is not hurting (as in "Uh oh... messed it up again), it is hurting (as in "I need to take the day off tomorrow"). So, that is my plan.

I also get to coach Wednesday, Thursday, and next Monday. It makes it so much easier to give myself permission to not swim when I get to be on deck helping others achieve their goals. My goals will come... but not if I push too hard and do further damage. So...

Here's what I did today:

100 Warm-Up (chatting again....)
12 x 50 on 1:05 (1 & 2 one arm fly w/ fins, 3 & 4 back w/ fins, 5 kick, 6 one arm fly w/ fins; 7-12 same pattern)
5 x 100 on 1:50 (odd: free pull using fins to float legs; even: kick)
8 x 50 on 1:05 (1 & 2 one arm fly w/ fins, 3 & 4 back w/ fins; 5-8 same pattern)
1 x 200 Kick on 4:00
8 x 25 Kick fast on :40
8 x 50 on 1:20 - NO FINS ROUND (odd: freestyle; even: one arm fly)
200 Cool-Down

Whew.... one arm fly is one thing with fins on - with fins off, it's still a blast! Here's to hoping that once I can get back to full fly stroke all the one-arm fly drills will really pay off!

Off to see my shoulder surgeon for another post-op check up. Wish me luck!

Enjoy your swims today!

Submit "Another Good Day... But I Need a Rest Day" to Digg Submit "Another Good Day... But I Need a Rest Day" to del.icio.us Submit "Another Good Day... But I Need a Rest Day" to StumbleUpon Submit "Another Good Day... But I Need a Rest Day" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Glad you're able to be in the water! Shoulder surgery can be ruff!