10 x 25
odds = easy speed free @ :30
evens = EZ
50 EZ
8 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00
150 EZ

Total: 2100

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Still feel kinda blah in the water. And had calf cramps for the third day in a row. I'm heading off for a massage shortly, so hopefully that will work out some of the kinks.

A friend sent me this link today:
http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com...zine/30261.asp. I'm very honored to be a runner up. A friend asked "Who is Lynn Marshall and do we need a lead pipe?'' lol. I replied that she is very speedy and swims a zillion events, unlike moi.

I learned last night that Fort Son finally got a diagnosis after many many tests and feeling bad for almost 4 months: celiac disease. It certainly fits his symptoms and I'm cross with myself that I didn't think of it. I couldn't sleep last night due to worrying. I'm glad the hematologist he was seeing for low ferritin thought to test for it. I fed ex'd him a care package of gluten free goodies. He is bummed, but was getting very depressed about a lack of diagnosis and feeling like he was letting his teammates down. So knowing what is wrong is preferable. This is a real pita for a college student. No beer and pizza?! From what I can glean, he was doing well in my fairly gluten free kitchen, but the excess gluten + beverages at college may have been a tipping point. I already have appointments for my daughters to be tested next week.

On Friday, Mr. Fort is heading up to Boston for marathon weekend. He has been nursing some nagging injuries as well and is looking forward to cycling when it's over. He will get to see Fort Son's boat/team race Harvard on Saturday, Lil Fort is racing in the Boston 5K on Sunday and then Mr. Fort runs on Monday with his training partner. I am missing all that fun, but having fun with Jimby, SwimStud and Chicken of the Sea who arrive on Friday afternoon. I'll go out to Mason to watch them swim the distances events. I am heading up to Hanover to see my son the weekend after Nationals for parents weekend. I haven't seen him since Xmas since he was with his team on a training trip over spring break. I really miss him.

I really really need some sleep. That would likely zap the blahs.

Submit "Wed., April 11" to Digg Submit "Wed., April 11" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed., April 11" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed., April 11" to Google

Updated April 11th, 2012 at 05:48 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Way to go [ame="http://www.usms.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20541"]Miss Runner Up[/ame]
    Quote Originally Posted by ande
    Way to go Miss Runner Up
    Thanks Ande! I was surprised. I didn't think I had swum enough events. Very happy.