(went fly,bk,br,IM,fr,fr,fr,fr)

12 x 200
1&2 @ 3:00
3&4 @ 2:55
5&6 @ 2:50
7&8 @ 2:45
9&10 @ 2:40
11&12 @2:35
--The idea was to hold 2:35 throughout the set so that the last two were touch and go.

200 cruise

6 x 50 @ 1:00
#1 3 breathes/25
#2 2 breathes/25
#3 1 breathe/25
Repeat

200 w/d

I haven't been doing very well lately on our longer free sets. I struggled trough the set and did the best I could. I took a couple of days off since my mom was in town and was too lazy to get up and swim solo while everyone was sleeping. I always insist on learning my lessons the hard way. The piano fell hard on me during the last few 200's of the main set.

The good news is that the little bit of stroke work we did felt great!

Submit "4/11/12" to Digg Submit "4/11/12" to del.icio.us Submit "4/11/12" to StumbleUpon Submit "4/11/12" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

When are you planning to start your taper for Greensboro?
    I haven't really tapered since HS. For Atlanta I had that stint in me for two weeks which ruined everything.

Next week the yardage should be lowerer with some high quaility swims mixed in. I am confident that I put the work in but nervous about how much I want to rest. I would guess that Sat will be the last of the longer ones for me.

BTW, I tried my suit on and probably should have gone down another size. I need to decide SOON if I will return it. It fits fine but not as tight as I thought it would be.
    Tapering is always slightly nerve wracking! For PNA Champs I'm pretty much doing a one week taper, although last week wasn't extremely hard. I swam around 20K, but the last couple workouts weren't bad. We'll see if that's enough. This will be a guinea pig for Canadian Nationals next month.

My suit came yesterday, but I didn't try it on. I probably should!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Tapering is always slightly nerve wracking! For PNA Champs I'm pretty much doing a one week taper, although last week wasn't extremely hard. I swam around 20K, but the last couple workouts weren't bad. We'll see if that's enough. This will be a guinea pig for Canadian Nationals next month.

My suit came yesterday, but I didn't try it on. I probably should!
    Kirk, what suit did you get?

Tapering is always an experiment!
    As long as I feel good in the water at the end of next week I will be fine. I have gone in the day before a meet and swam until I felt on top of the water and smooth and hopped out. Sometimes it has only been 600 yards.

You have made enough deposits to withdrawl from. You'll be fine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat

Tapering is always an experiment!
    You're right!
    I will trust my coach but am afraid to rest too much.
    We shall see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    TYR Tracer Light. It's under $100 from swimoutlet.com