View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Colonies Zone meet, here I come!

Rate this Entry
by , April 12th, 2012 at 12:10 PM (696 Views)
This is just a placeholder post so I don't forget what I did between Monday and the meet.

Not much.

On track for week #4 of P90X.
1/2 yoga video to stop at 45 min;
Yesterday was Cardio, replaced Kenpo X;
Today is CoreX
Friday/Sat are the rest days
Skip Sunday and start week #5 on Monday when I get back.

Swimming:
Easy day on Wed and nothing else until I get to Colonies Zone meet. I think I did 200 w/up; 3 x 100 kick; 100 easy, then swim misc. easy to 30 minutes.

Thoughts on the meet:
My main thought today is that I will think about it when I finally get to the pool for warmup on Friday night. That way, the travel, check-in at hotel, and mini-nap are all out of the way and I can finally relax!

My times of 24.7 free and 27.4 fly very likely will stay top ten times at the end of the season, so it is a bonus to get the opportunity to improve on those times. I will do 3 x 50 frees and i'm going to try different things for fun. I might try 1/0 and see if that is just too distracting, or if I am holding a better "acceleration" (rather, less deceleration) at the end of the race by not breathing that one extra time on the way back.

and...just for jadams....i'm really excited for breakfast at the airport McDonalds tomorrow!!! Though I never branch out - it is always a sausage biscuit with egg combo, with the coffee.

Submit "Colonies Zone meet, here I come!" to Digg Submit "Colonies Zone meet, here I come!" to del.icio.us Submit "Colonies Zone meet, here I come!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Colonies Zone meet, here I come!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

have a safe trip and swim fast!
    Enjoy and swim well ... I hear it is a fast pool and someday I'll make it out there.
    and...just for jadams....i'm really excited for breakfast at the airport McDonalds tomorrow!!! Though I never branch out - it is always a sausage biscuit with egg combo, with the coffee
    Alright!!! Woohoo!!
    If you really want a good jaadams meal, you need at least 3 sausage burritos and 2 hashbrowns...BUT this has to be the morning of the swim meet too!

Good luck over there...and kick Leslie's rear in the 50 Fly!
    Quote Originally Posted by chowsh
    have a safe trip and swim fast!
    boo hoo you are working! well, i never liked brophy pool much anyway. i'll definately call you from the hotel!
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Enjoy and swim well ... I hear it is a fast pool and someday I'll make it out there.
    i'll make sure to give a full report! it is also a recon mission since my brother started masters, he's 4 hours away, and this would be a good meet for us to see each other!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Alright!!! Woohoo!!
    If you really want a good jaadams meal, you need at least 3 sausage burritos and 2 hashbrowns...BUT this has to be the morning of the swim meet too!

Good luck over there...and kick Leslie's rear in the 50 Fly!
    Crap! My flight was cancelled and I was rebooked at the 11:15 flight! But, I think I will still go really early to avoid rush hour and in plenty of time for my McD breakfast! I am not missing my critical McD's airport meal!!! I have been looking forward to this far too long!!!