5 x 50 @ 1:30
25 EZ speed free + 25 EZ @ 1:30
-- went high 11 to high 12s
50 EZ
4 x 50 dolphin burst + cruise @ 1:30
50 EZ

Total: 1800

ART, 30 min

Had my chiro work on my calves, which were still cramping on the shooters (though not thereafter). Dunno, maybe my electrolytes are messed up this week. Have been slamming some today.

Acupuncture, 45 min:

This was my second session. I figure I'll try it 2x a week for 4 weeks and see if it helps. I'm not expecting it to do anything for my labrum, of course. But it might help bring blood flow to the other injured/sore areas of the shoulder and scapula. And provide some pain relief. It seems like a good combo with PRP. Speaking of which, my chiro mentioned that he understands that the second session of PRP is the worse in terms of sensitivity and pain. Oh joy, I can look forward to that after nationals.

Stretching/Rehab, 30 min

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Glad I only did a mini instead of a hard speed workout yesterday. After some relative rest and a decent night's sleep, I feel better today. Though I'm hoping for one more night of good sleep since I probably won't be racking up sleep hours this weekend. I spent a huge amount of time today on pain prevention ... I really hope one day soon I wake up pain free.

More importantly, how much is one supposed to fork over for a prom dress?

Attached is a pic of Fort Son's boat, the First Freshman 8. My son has some seriously styling boots.

Psych sheets for Colonies Zones:
http://www.patriotmasters.org/Coloni...ults/index.htm
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	559613_10150745395367389_620177388_9327649_1397999451_n.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	6818  

Submit "Thursday, April 12" to Digg Submit "Thursday, April 12" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, April 12" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, April 12" to Google

Updated April 12th, 2012 at 09:56 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , ART

Comments

Do you think your electrolyte imbalance is cause by your thyroid? As soon as mine went I had huge issues. Docs think I'm insane. I supplement with k and magnesium and calcium..it's crazy when I don't have those I get huge issues!

I introduced my son to your blog...we were wondering.. What monofin do you use and recommend?
    Yes, I think the thyroid did cause electrolytes imbalance and many other issues. I still have to have periodic magnesium injections because I don't absorb it well. My digestive system and allergies have all been vastly better since getting the thyroid fixed. I haven't had a sinus infection in two years, practically a miracle.

By far my favorite MF is the Finis Shooter Monofin!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress

By far my favorite MF is the Finis Shooter Monofin!
    Do you wear socks or booties with your monofin?

I think this is the monofin that Paul brought out last year (days before I was doing a marathon, so I declined trying):
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/FINIS-1-35-012-Monofin-Finis-Yellow-Monofin/dp/B004O6I5FS/ref=pd_sbs_a_2"]Amazon.com: Finis Yellow Foil Monofin: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

I didn't realize there were so many different kinds.

Oh, and good luck at the meet this weekend! Sounds like you'll have some good competition with chowmi there
    And good luck to your husband in Boston! I agree with him, biking is better
    I don't wear socks. I don't feel as connected to the fin somehow. I'm told Swimmer is going to product test monofins soon, and will send me one I don't have. Cool.

I bought and returned that monofin. It was floppy and not much different than two long blade fins. You won't get the same oomph or core/leg strengthening without the fiberglass to provide resistance.

Mr. Fort loves to run. But the injuries that often go with marathon training aren't much fun. His hamstring is acting up again and he has plantar fasciitis.

Should be a fun weekend with friends down to stay and swim!
    $0 ... kids need to get jobs for frivolity like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    $0 ... kids need to get jobs for frivolity like that.
    And this is the father of 3 girls?!

Some of them are just outrageous for a one time wear ...
    can't you rent prom dresses these days?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    And this is the father of 3 girls?!
    Fortunately, my daughters go to a geeky charter school whose only attempt at a dance was a version of the Harry Potter Wizard's Ball!

But, on a serious note, my 16 year old has her 1st summer job starting this year and it'll be my expectation that she pays for things like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Fortunately, my daughters go to a geeky charter school whose only attempt at a dance was a version of the Harry Potter Wizard's Ball!

But, on a serious note, my 16 year old has her 1st summer job starting this year and it'll be my expectation that she pays for things like this.
    Then you are getting off lucky!

Teen Fort did offer to pay for some of it, perhaps recognizing the frivolity. The price tag for formal prom dress vs. homecoming dress is quite substantial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    can't you rent prom dresses these days?
    Not that I know of.

It will just sit in the closet gathering dust after the dramatic unveiling on prom night. Other dresses are at least usable.
    I would be willing to pay alot for my child to look elegant, age-appropriate, and more conservative than most styles these days. But it is also a good early lesson in if you want a big ticket item, like maybe a house or car, then how and when do you save up for it? There is nothing quite like actually having to make choices over an extended period of time and having the discipline to save up for something.
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    I would be willing to pay alot for my child to look elegant, age-appropriate, and more conservative than most styles these days. But it is also a good early lesson in if you want a big ticket item, like maybe a house or car, then how and when do you save up for it? There is nothing quite like actually having to make choices over an extended period of time and having the discipline to save up for something.
    The dress she wants is actually very elegant and not completely backless or with a sky high slit. I approve, just having some sticker shock. I do feel like she should contribute, though I wouldn't expect her to foot the whole bill. I also want her to pay for things like gas, going out with her friends and to save some $$ for college.
    All this talk about prom dresses makes me think of this:
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDFmRETqKTs&feature=related"]Pretty In Pink - If You Leave - YouTube[/nomedia]

And I think Patrick is in for a rude awakening in a few years. One guy, 3 daughters... (one of my brothers is in the same boat, and his daughters are about the same ages )
    As a father of 3 daughters myself, it's not the prom dresses so much as the WEDDINGS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    As a father of 3 daughters myself, it's not the prom dresses so much as the WEDDINGS!
    I'm anti big weddings myself. I'm attempting to encourage intimate barefoot on the beach type weddings. And for years, I had my kids convinced that it was illegal to get married before 30.
    I'd say the answer is slightly less than she'd like you to!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    I'd say the answer is slightly less than she'd like you to!
    That sentiment could apply to most purchases!
    Attached is a pic of Fort Son's boat, the First Freshman 8. My son has some seriously styling boots
    I'll say! I am surprised the boys in loafers and black socks allowed him to be in the photo
    Quote Originally Posted by eric.carlson
    I'll say! I am surprised the boys in loafers and black socks allowed him to be in the photo
    lol

They already pick on him because he's the smallest. He's always "giving pounds" to the stroke (his good friend).