Pearls of Wisdom
by, March 19th, 2009 at 11:59 PM (952 Views)
I've been a pretty hard-core, serious swimmer for 6 years now, and I think it's my duty to pass on some of the valuable lessons I've learned the hard way.
Top 10 things never to eat/drink less than 1-2 hours prior to swimming:
1. A pulled pork sandwich;
2. Garlic bread;
3. 4 pieces of pizza (pepperoni);
5. more than 2 slices of birthday cake;
6. A really hot curry;
7. Baked beans;
8. a burrito;
9. 2+ cups of espresso (after the 3rd toilet break in a 1hr workout, don't bother getting back in);
Top 10 things not to do less than an hour or two prior to swimming:
1. dye your hair red;
2. take an antihistamine;
3. apply self-tanning lotion;
4. get nice and warm in the hottub;
5. put on eye makeup;
6. start watching a long movie;
7. put a roast in the oven;
8. go for a long run;
9. go to the dentist;
10. donate blood.
I hope this has been helpful.