View RSS Feed

flippergirl

Still in love...

Rate this Entry
It has been 6 weeks since I have started journaling my swimming experience with the master swimmers.
This is a reflection back on what I have learned, acheived and need to work on.
Reading back I see I wanted to break my "make a mile and get out of the pool" mentality. I don't know how it happened but that is just not a part of my vocabulary anymore! I use different terms and jargons. Not very well albeit, but the swim dictionary is now my oyster.
I get up at 5:30 in the morning because I want to get out of bed, go to the water and feel alive.
I swim along with other beings all just as crazy about plowing the pool as I am.
There is a coach who looks me in the eye and explains things to me as dumb as I feel some times.
I swim somewhere between 25-3000 yds a workout. I am not quite sure how to put the workouts in writing but I can say today I know what is going on when it counts...in the water.
When I was a shy little teen I was terrified of meets. I am swelling with tears right now because I don't want to run and hide anymore. I want to show up on the block.
I am learning to tell myself I can instead of I can't. Something about this master swimming has made me believe in myself.
I ve learned saying positive things to myself works.
My shoulders are killing me but I want to stay tough.
I went to 3 workouts this week. Nothing could stop me. I even do core and weight machines.
I could go on and on, but I will leave that up to my next six week review and see how I am doing.

Submit "Still in love..." to Digg Submit "Still in love..." to del.icio.us Submit "Still in love..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Still in love..." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You're right. Something about master swimming DOES help boost a positive attitude. I get to swim only 1,200 per day, but it makes such a difference for me and those around me. Keep on swimming!
    Are you carrying twins? Then I would say your yardage is more like 3600!
    Reading your blog--It is great to be able to see your sense of accomplishment now.
    Keep up the positive spirits!