View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Friday, March 20

Rate this Entry
Just a quick swim today:

700 warm up

8 x 25, alternate backstroke shooter with nose clip and easy

50 easy

Backstroke start, lost nose clip, couldn't find it on bottom of pool, not going to use it tomorrow

10 x 25, alternate easy speed fly and easy

50 easy

4 x 25, alternate build free and easy

4 x 25, alternate AFAP free and easy

100 easy

Total: 1600

Felt crappy in the water today. Could be the effect of the unintended five day mini taper instead of the planned three day mini taper. Or maybe it's just the stressful week with kids with the flu and a hugely jam packed weekend, including JOs.

Will just swim the 100 fly and 100 back tomorrow. 100 back starts at 4:55 and I have to be at finals at 6:15. On a happy note, Mini-Fort who has struggled as a 13-14, made her sectional/quad A cut in the evilstroke this am. So there is happiness instead of teenage angst.

Hoping for a decent nights sleep.

Submit "Friday, March 20" to Digg Submit "Friday, March 20" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, March 20" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, March 20" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Quit bellyaching you're worse than Wolfy!
    Good luck tomorrow!
    Glad to hear the good news about Mini-Fort! Good luck to you at the meet tomorrow!
    Good luck tomorrow.

My coach was telling me how fast our sectionals meet was, and I pointed out that just making it to sectionals means you are fast. Congrats to Mini-Fort, she is fast for just making the cut.
    Nose clips are for wimps. Real men let the sinuses fill and just blow their nose on breakout.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    Quit bellyaching you're worse than Wolfy!
    lol, seriously right! I will now commence to celebrate the fact that I don't have a bellyaching teenager.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Good luck tomorrow.

My coach was telling me how fast our sectionals meet was, and I pointed out that just making it to sectionals means you are fast. Congrats to Mini-Fort, she is fast for just making the cut.
    Thanks, that's what I told her! And she's only 14, so she has plenty of room to improve. She's hardly been able to kick in a year because of her knees. So we are happy tonight. Think she made the PV Zones team too.
    Quote Originally Posted by elise526
    Glad to hear the good news about Mini-Fort! Good luck to you at the meet tomorrow!
    Thanks!

Your friend's daughter did pretty well in the evilstroke as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by rtodd
    Nose clips are for wimps. Real men let the sinuses fill and just blow their nose on breakout.
    Noooo ... I was getting attached to my nose clip. Except I have the hardest time hanging on to them.

I think it's real women know how to do backstroke starts with nose clips, and I gotta work on my real woman status.
    I'm just jeleous because I don't run out of air before I run out of SDK. But I do have to wonder why none of the Olympians use them. Perhaps in practice only? Didn't see one single nose clip in the olympics.
    Quote Originally Posted by rtodd
    I'm just jeleous because I don't run out of air before I run out of SDK. But I do have to wonder why none of the Olympians use them. Perhaps in practice only? Didn't see one single nose clip in the olympics.
    Haley McGregory uses a nose clip. Natalie Coughlin curls her lip over her nose like Ande. I can't do that.