View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Fast swimming this weekend

Rate this Entry
I also want to wish all you Natsy folks some fast swims this weekend.

I'll be trying to pass myself off as a meet director at out mini meet in Vermont - we have 20 people right now with some more entries in the mail. 100 fly, 400IM/100FR, maybe 100 BK if no one else signs up...

Submit "Fast swimming this weekend" to Digg Submit "Fast swimming this weekend" to del.icio.us Submit "Fast swimming this weekend" to StumbleUpon Submit "Fast swimming this weekend" to Google

Categories
NSR

Comments

Good luck with your meet. Don't be afraid to slow the meet down if you don't get a lot of participants. There's no point in trying to get it all done AFAP either. Even if you scheduled 10 minute breaks after certain points, don't be afraid to throw in extra 5 minute ones in between as well. It will make everyone like things a lot better.
    Try having a "fun" relay or something at the end, if you don't already (like a pass the t-shirt relay).
    Good luck with organizing your first meet. I think it is awesome you are doing the work and giving people an opportunity to swim. Hope it goes well!
    Welcome back, Mike. Hope you had a great trip. (Just got back myself from a family visit in Philly today.) That's great that we've got a decent number of people showing up for the meet. I was thinking I might jump in just to fill some lanes too, if need be. See you Sat. am, if not before...