View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Day 1, Mixed Bag

Rate this Entry
Mixed bag on day one. No sleep last night, maybe 2 hours, and AF arrived this am. Disappointing start to the meet. The same thing happened at Auburn, where I swam fairly poorly. As a result, no power. That's how it goes sometimes. I've had a good season and there will be other nationals.

100 fly, 1:02.2

I was solidly in the lead at 15 meters after going 14.5 underwater. I tried to swim the race very conservatively to avoid a big piano. Splits 29.3/32.8. These are good for me. I really didn't die the last length much. Execution, meh. Breakouts mediocre and turns glidey. Still, I was perfectly happy with this time considering. It's my second best as a master, best without the floaty suits.

100 back, 1:02.6

I'm sure no one will be surprised I'm disappointed with this time. It's much slower than my coverted time from the Albatross meet. Legs were dead and I didn't execute well. My left foot slipped on the start and I flopped a bit, though I recovered pretty well and went about 14 meters underwater. And I couldn't stay underwater nearly as long as I did in the Albatross 100; my kick count was way off. Last time, 15/15/15/10; this time 14/12/10/7-8. No leg power. Not how I envisioned this race. Almost an even split, factoring in the start, which may partly be due to the slip. Out much slower than in March. But still it was slightly under the NR and my second best time after my Jaked swim in Atlantain 2010. . I'm sure I'll be more psyched about it later.

------------------------------------------------------

The pool and facility are VERY nice. My only slight quibble is that the lanes were not very wide with the course set up as 10 lanes. They're wider at Mason. I grazed my hand on the lane line on the 100 fly.

It was fantastic hanging out with everyone, meeting some new folks and watching the fast swimming!

I am really hoping for some sleep tonight. I have some real accumulated sleep debt and feel cruddy. I think I'm scratching tomorrow and hopefully will feel better on Sunday. I think it is also possible, given my reduced cross training, that I'm slightly overtapered. Too many confounding factors to really know though. Peace love, swimming.

Submit "Day 1, Mixed Bag" to Digg Submit "Day 1, Mixed Bag" to del.icio.us Submit "Day 1, Mixed Bag" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 1, Mixed Bag" to Google

Updated April 28th, 2012 at 11:14 AM by The Fortress

Categories
Masters Swim Meets / Events

Comments

It will all look better after some chard....
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    while Stud, Speedo, and I have a beer (or dos). Jimby can have what Jimby has.
    I would love to have your times Leslie. I know how you feel on the sleep issue and hope you can get some tonight.
    Go Get 'Em Fort! Use all attacks
    What he said.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Jimby can have what Jimby has.
    This is a metaphysical reference isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    Better!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    No, just other drugs of choice. He stole my ambien, which proved utterly useless to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Go Get 'Em Fort! Use all attacks
    I used to know all the Pokemon, etc. Though some of those look like pony pals.

Happy post, TG! Thx.
    Nice job today. At least your 100 Fly was faster than the 100 Back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna
    I would love to have your times Leslie. I know how you feel on the sleep issue and hope you can get some tonight.
    Thx Donna. They are solid. Just a bit perturbed on race execution on the 100 back. But could be due to several factors.

Of course you understand the sleep thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    What, like "Party Cannon" isn't?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I used to know all the Pokemon, etc. Though some of those look like pony pals.

Happy post, TG! Thx.
    Great swims today Leslie!!! Hope you're enjoying Nationals!
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Great swims today Leslie!!! Hope you're enjoying Nationals!
    Yes, having a great time!
    Congrats on your 50 bk & fl NRs
    Outstanding!
    Outstanding for sure.

27.2 in the 50 back! Wowee!
    Quote Originally Posted by ande
    Congrats on your 50 bk & fl NRs
    Outstanding!
    Thanks Ande! I was beyond happy with the times.
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver
    Outstanding for sure.

27.2 in the 50 back! Wowee!
    I know! I'm in shock. Never thought I'd break 28 again after the tech suit ban. Power SDKs!