View RSS Feed

Elise's Fitness Fun

Swimming Heaven

Rate this Entry
Back in the pool for a good workout on Wednesday, May 2. Have to say I fell in love with swimming again. Swam outdoors in a long course pool with perfect weather. Also had my new fins on for the entire workout. The water sliding over me felt wonderful. I felt so much peace shutting out the rest of the world as I swam back and forth. It all reminded me of why I got so into swimming so long ago.

I can't remember the entire workout as it has been a couple of days, but did a total of 2100 yards. My favorite set was a series of 6 x 50 on 1:00 where we did 25 kick/25 swim.

Haven't posted since last week, so will just give a brief overview of what I have done and then will post the weights workout I did last night.

Thursday, April 26
Ran 3 miles. Threw a little bit of walking in there.

Friday, April 27
Weights. Included 3 sets of 5 x 95 on bench press. Was told I should move up to 100 next time I lifted.

Saturday, April 28
Two mile run.

Tuesday, May 1
Two mile walk

Wednesday, May 2
Two mile run
2100 meter swim

Thursday, May 3
Weights

Warm-up: 5 min. run/walk on treadmill

Bench press: bar x 5, 65 x 5, 3 sets of 100 x 5 (well actually got a little bit of help on number 5 rep of last two sets). Will hang out at this weight for a while.

Lat hi row: 90 x 5, 110 x 5, 3 sets of 140 x 5

Hammer curls: 2 sets of 15 x 10

Squats: 1 set of 65 x 20

Seated calf-raise machine ( I have called this ankle extension machine in the past.): 2 sets of 90 x 8

Captains chair: 3 sets of 20 leg raises

Submit "Swimming Heaven" to Digg Submit "Swimming Heaven" to del.icio.us Submit "Swimming Heaven" to StumbleUpon Submit "Swimming Heaven" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments