View RSS Feed

Year Three: The Road Back

My FLOG is Almost Happy!

Rate this Entry
After having surgery in January and being completely out of the water for most of the year's first quarter (AND completely re-doing my "goal" for the year), my FLOG is almost happy with me again.

My original goal for the year was 500 miles, which is 125 miles less than last year. However, I didn't anticipate how long I would be completely out of the water and just how long it would take to get back to swimming. (Even now, I am kicking almost half of each practice....) So, I redid my "goal" for the year again and slated it for 250 miles. And, I'm within 0.5 mile of the target pace. Woo-Hoo!

I know it's really stupid that a computer telling me to pick up the pace bothers me, but it does... which may be why the FLOG is so effective in getting me to the pool on those days I really would rather stay in bed.

With that being said, I started today's workout with about 1350 meters of freestyle (w/o fins), which is the most I have done of freestyle without a break since January. After that, of course, it was time to kick and give my shoulder a break for the rest of the workout (kind-of). Here's what I did:

400 Warm-Up (all free w/o fins)
1 x 450 Free (w/o fins) on 8:30
8 x 50 Free (w/o fins) on 1:05
1 x 500 Kick (w/ fins) on 8:30
4 x 50 Sighting drill Free (w/o fins) on 1:05
6 x 50 Kick (w/ fins) on 1:05
1 x 300 Kick (w/o fins) on 8:30
8 x 50 on 1:05 (odd: one-arm fly w/ fins fast; even: dolphin kick on back fast w/ fins)
150 Cool-Down
Total Meters - 3100

Hope you enjoy your swims today as much as I enjoyed mine!

Submit "My FLOG is Almost Happy!" to Digg Submit "My FLOG is Almost Happy!" to del.icio.us Submit "My FLOG is Almost Happy!" to StumbleUpon Submit "My FLOG is Almost Happy!" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments