View RSS Feed

Year Three: The Road Back

It WAS a Happy FLOG Time...No More

Rate this Entry
But... that's not a bad thing. I decided since I not only reached my target pace for 250 miles this year, but was starting to get ahead of pace that I should continue to challenge myself on this road of recovery by upping my GTD goal by 25 miles. That being said, I'm once again not having a happy FLOG, but I get to see how I am slowly gaining on the new goal - and when I catch and pass that, I will probably up it again. I am just needing to remember to swim smart and when my shoulder starts hurting (not getting tired, but hurting) that I need to stop and kick the rest of practice. I'm learning.... and my kick is getting much better without fins. It's almost a win-win situation.... minus the injury, of course.

Here's what I did today:

300 Warm-Up
8 x 50 Drill on 1:05 (odd: one arm fly, even: free catch-up) - no fins
6 Sets (odd: one arm fly, even: free) - no fins
- 1 x 50 on 1:10
- 4 x 25 on :40
5 x 100 Kick on 2:00 (did as 50 back dolphin, 50 back flutter) - w/ fins
1 x 100 Free on 2:10
1 x 450 Kick w/o fins (while everyone else finished final free set)
200 Cool-Down
Total Meters - 2850

All in all, today's practice was quick-paced and fun. I only wish that I had been able to do full fly instead of one arm. That flat shoulder rotation is just not coming back quickly.

I also think my freestyle may come back quicker if I can spend my time in the water focusing on the details of my stroke instead of worrying about when to breathe. Therefore, I'm toying with the idea of getting a snorkel. Any thoughts, suggestions?

Enjoy your weekend and happy laps to you!

Submit "It WAS a Happy FLOG Time...No More" to Digg Submit "It WAS a Happy FLOG Time...No More" to del.icio.us Submit "It WAS a Happy FLOG Time...No More" to StumbleUpon Submit "It WAS a Happy FLOG Time...No More" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments