View RSS Feed

FlyQueen

Big plans gone awry ...

Rate this Entry
by , March 23rd, 2009 at 09:48 AM (696 Views)
I had big plans/hopes for my meet on Saturday. I have been getting in the pool more regularly and my free and fly have been feeling pretty good. I've had some fast times in practice and feel like I am almost where I want to be. I was almost done warming up and decided to do a little breaststroke drill seeing as my first event was the 100 IM.

I was about 20 yards down the pool when I felt pain in my right leg - then it got worse I barely was able to drag my sorry booty out of the pool - I pulled my medial hamstring according to my "personal physical thearapist" as I like to refer to her.

GR!!! I still swam the 50/100 free and 50 fly none were worth writing home about. I am trying to take solace in the fact that my free felt like crap last year until I tapered then I dropped a lot of time ... we'll see. I think it's time to let this season go and think about long course.

Oh well ... not sure I'll swim tonight since I have an appointment at 6 a half hour away from the pool ... we'll see. I'm also not sure how my leg will feel after a day of being on my feet.

End rant ...

Submit "Big plans gone awry ..." to Digg Submit "Big plans gone awry ..." to del.icio.us Submit "Big plans gone awry ..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Big plans gone awry ..." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That bites. It probably won't make you feel any better, but I think most Masters' swimmers have had experiences like this ... different injuries or different life events getting in the way of our swimming. Good thing there's next season!