Timed 3,000yd swim
06:24.03 06:24.03 - 0500yds
06:43.28 13:07.xx - 1000yds
06.48.12 19:55.xx - 1500yds
(note: 1750 time = 23.20.xx)
06:55.13 26.50.xx - 2000yds
(1 minute feed break)
06:42.81 33:33.xx - 2500yds
06:51.38 40.28.xx - 3000 yds (avg 2.5mph)

4 x 50 FR Burst on :45
- 6/8/10/12

250 reverse IM drill cooldown (extra free at end)
(Solo/Rec/3850yds/60 min)
--------------------------

With the Accelerade going down smooth after my lunchtime swim, I figured I had better do two things tonight: start on some timed swims and give the primary feed (maltodextrin) a shot. I mixed it up with some water and apple juice, then chilled it in the fridge, so it went down well in the 85 degree pool at the 2000 mark. No stomach issues to note.

The swim was good - I just repeated Noah's Arks (did the last 2x100 DPS only) so I would know my lap count. According to the pace chart, I was a tad over my base of 1:20/100 yds, so that is promising. I added the 50's for a challenge, like trying to finish out a long swim, and I tried mostly for good form (came in around :34 on all). Then some nice loosening up to complete the night.

It felt good to just swim for a bit, and I had a tv theme song in my mind - "My eyes are getting weary, my back is getting tight." Applied to the swim a bit as well! Anyways, off to bed now. Keep the water moving until I can get back in on Wednesday.

Submit "Workout 05/14/12: evening" to Digg Submit "Workout 05/14/12: evening" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 05/14/12: evening" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 05/14/12: evening" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , Timed swims

Comments

Timed 3,000yd swim
    Nice job!! You're more courageous than I!!!
    Haha, other people use slightly different adjectives in describing me! Thanks, man.
    you have to sign up for the Postal 3000 in the fall if you do them on a regular basis. Just make sure that you split the lane or in your lane solo!
    I hear you there, Tom! No more dq's for this guy. My problem is lack of access to a meter pool.
    With the Accelerade going down smooth after my lunchtime swim, I figured I had better do two things tonight: start on some timed swims and give the primary feed (maltodextrin) a shot. I mixed it up with some water and apple juice, then chilled it in the fridge, so it went down well in the 85 degree pool at the 2000 mark. No stomach issues to note.

From my lake swim saturday, i learned that toast w/ peanut butter about 1hr ahead and about 20 oz of coffee on the way has a life expectancy of about 2,200m before turning to chum.Might have been from wetsuit compression or tension from the new swim. Felt a little acid reflux b4. This has worked for me before pool swims and cycling, but apparently not a good idea for OW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Might have been from wetsuit compression or tension from the new swim. Felt a little acid reflux b4. This has worked for me before pool swims and cycling, but apparently not a good idea for OW.
    I think that the wetsuit played a part, but also the constant motion of water and swimming. I'm going to try some meclizine before my next OW swim. For me, pool training is no problem, but my stomach is more active in the open water. Especially fruit cups!
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    I hear you there, Tom! No more dq's for this guy. My problem is lack of access to a meter pool.
    The 3000 postal can be done in yards.