evens = fast hands breast
100 EZ

1 x 50 AFAP back w/fins
-- 23 low
-- tired
200 EZ

Total: 3050

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The body is predictably sore from the weekend's mega yoga and drylands. I was pretty tired by the third set of ultra short distance reps. My heart rate was elevated during all 30. I'd now like to wrap my body from head to toe in compression garments.

I did hear from someone running the Cleveland meet who assured me they would submit times to USMS, take split requests, etc. I'm still not sure which meet to attend. It's possible the Cleveland meet may be so small that it only runs a couple hours each day. All things considered, getting sufficient rest is the most important factor if I'm going to bother to taper & travel. So feeling indecisive still, but leaning toward Omaha.

Submit "Monday, May 21" to Digg Submit "Monday, May 21" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, May 21" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, May 21" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I have no cute (or not so cute) pictures, but, as neither Cleveland nor Omaha have any instrinsic value in visiting, you should choose based upon which place has the faster pool. In that case, it's a no-brainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I have no cute (or not so cute) pictures, but, as neither Cleveland nor Omaha have any instrinsic value in visiting, you should choose based upon which place has the faster pool. In that case, it's a no-brainer.
    The Spire pool looks amazing too though. And Cleveland is closer and only requires one flight. But, still, I am leaning toward Omaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    For some reason, your pic reminded me of this:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDqTwSO1DDc&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Get Away From Her You Bitch - YouTube[/nomedia]

Other than ease to get to, are there other reasons for visiting either city? People to visit, other swimmers going, etc? Cleveland does have some tourist and certainly dining value.

Off the top of my head, I'd pick CLE in a heartbeat, since I have a brother there and could visit (but I guess that could always be a point against if we didn't get along )

I'll be in balmy Houston for a family thing when nationals is happening, but I have 0 desire to go to Omaha anyway. Now Boston...and you'd have me (do you always do that one? I've already penciled it on my calendar again)
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm7
    For some reason, your pic reminded me of this:

Get Away From Her You Bitch - YouTube

Other than ease to get to, are there other reasons for visiting either city? People to visit, other swimmers going, etc? Cleveland does have some tourist and certainly dining value.

Off the top of my head, I'd pick CLE in a heartbeat, since I have a brother there and could visit (but I guess that could always be a point against if we didn't get along )

I'll be in balmy Houston for a family thing when nationals is happening, but I have 0 desire to go to Omaha anyway. Now Boston...and you'd have me (do you always do that one? I've already penciled it on my calendar again)
    I was channeling Harry Potter -- since TG seemed to be associating flames with my fave city (Boston).

Nothing compelling about either city for me. It's just a meet to get some LCM times since there are no meets here in PV (possibly one while I'm on vaca in August, but not sure). I should have some friends at both meets. Jimby has been lobbying heavily for Cleveland. And trying to get me to join his team.

I always do NE SCM Champs in Boston and I'll be back next year!
    Updated May 21st, 2012 at 06:07 PM by The Fortress
    If you want a great city to go to, a great meet and a single (albeit long) flight, come to San Mateo August 10th to 12th for the Pacific Masters champs. If you want to double your fun and make a vacation of it (while getting used to the time zone), you could come to Mesa for the AZ State Meet August 4th and 5th, then head up to cooler California -- sample Stanford & Berkeley's pool, maybe dip your toe in the hallowed waters of Santa Clara and then race in San Mateo.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    TG seemed to be associating flames with my fave city (Boston).

Quote Originally Posted by pwb;
    If you want a great city to go to, a great meet and a single (albeit long) flight, come to San Mateo August 10th to 12th for the Pacific Masters champs. If you want to double your fun and make a vacation of it (while getting used to the time zone), you could come to Mesa for the AZ State Meet August 4th and 5th, then head up to cooler California -- sample Stanford & Berkeley's pool, maybe dip your toe in the hallowed waters of Santa Clara and then race in San Mateo.
    I'm on vacation the first two weeks of August this year. And I'm leery to travel 3 hours out of my time zone for a taper meet. Last time, it didn't go so well with the sleep. So I'm sticking with the midwest and east coast for the meantime for swim meets. And I generally don't like to mix swim meets with vacation. That's a real snoozer for my family.
    I am going to have to start participating in the forums again, because the blog comments have gone to

Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    I am going to have to start participating in the forums again, because the blog comments have gone to [IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BE8A3xmpa-U/Txdnh6IwL6I/AAAAAAAAAMk/9QueJ90DtoI/s320/****.png[/IMG]
    It's Speedo's fault. He was all in for just posting images instead of comments for a week.

Did you read the workout?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast