View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Sunday LCM; P90X end week "9"

Rate this Entry
I put that in quotes since I went straight to weeks #9 and #10, and now doing the 2 recovery weeks #8 and #13, then back to #11, #12 after my 2 swim meets.

Today I went to LCM SMU workout at 9AM. That was hard because we went out to eat last night and I got the stuffed jalepenos as my meal, not wanting to share the 6 fried delights. Boy did I pay for that!!!

500 warm up
but I stopped at 300
just didn't feel like swimming any more warmup

10 x 100's
1 easy on 1:45
1 strong on 1:40
2 strong on 1:35
3 strong on 1:30

That was sort of hard. Averaged 1:20s on the fast ones.
But I felt a bit better after the set!

8 x 50's on 1:10
first 1/3 UW kick; easy swim/fast feet & sprint last 10 meters (held under :35 total time; used Speedo Optimus fins)

12 x 50's
3 on 1:10 stroke "descend"
1 easy on 1:15
fly :37/back :40/breast ???
Not super fast.

The End

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
That was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I much prefer swimming in a slower lane, going first with clear water, and getting longer intervals and put some umph into them. There is something so nice about the people in lane 3 and lower. They don't have the egos of lanes 1 and 2.

I went to the movie theatre which is something I rarely do. We saw Men in Black III and it was great - just like the other MIBs.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have decided that once I am through the first cycle of P90X, here is roughly what I will target:

Sat/Sun
1 upper body, rotating through the 4: Chest & Back, Shoulders & Arms, Back & Biceps, and Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps; + ab ripper X,
1 Legs and Back + ab ripper X

Twice on Weekdays:
Plyo X
Core X

Plus, selected exercises on my own for warm up/warm downs each time from:
Yoga X
Stretch X
my own stretching

I don't think it is sustainable to continue every night with P90X. But I think it would be very manageable to do it on the weekends for sure, and then the 2 days per week for 4 days total. I'm starting to memorize a lot of the moves, and over time, I might even stop the videos and simply write a list with reps or time for my own workouts. The key is with the small decrease in P90X shape, that I conciously replace it with speed and refinement in swim speed. The point is to back off of nonspecfici dryland conditioning, and picking it back up in the pool!!!

Submit "Sunday LCM; P90X end week "9"" to Digg Submit "Sunday LCM; P90X end week "9"" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday LCM; P90X end week "9"" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday LCM; P90X end week "9"" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Have you heard of P90X2? I don't know anything about it but it is supposed to give you better improvements for sports.

I have been thinking of starting P90X although I don't really want to do it on swimming days.
    I have the P90X-2 series as well as P90X. There are different moves, different "toys", and some of the same stuff (with a twist). I think it's harder overall, and not sure it it's better or worse for you. I think if you're already in shape coming off the P90X series, then rest a week or two, it shouldn't be too bad, but from the little bit that I tried of the #2 series...it's a kick in the backside!!
    Thanks for the tidbits on P90X2! But I have a lot of room for improvement with regular P90X! It wouldn't hurt to do this series for a year....

It is really hard to do the proscribed days and swim. You can't do both very well, so as a swimmer, I would suggest doing it when you want a "break" from swimming, or else you aren't really doing either very well.

End of school year activites and handling a bunch of Debtors' IDs on Friday, I felt really ill and a big stomach ache so I didn't swim the meet on Saturday! I felt better by the afternoon so was able to pick up with my P90X coreX day!
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    Thanks for the tidbits on P90X2! But I have a lot of room for improvement with regular P90X! It wouldn't hurt to do this series for a year....

It is really hard to do the proscribed days and swim. You can't do both very well, so as a swimmer, I would suggest doing it when you want a "break" from swimming, or else you aren't really doing either very well.

End of school year activites and handling a bunch of Debtors' IDs on Friday, I felt really ill and a big stomach ache so I didn't swim the meet on Saturday! I felt better by the afternoon so was able to pick up with my P90X coreX day!
    This summer, since my work schedule more than likely will not allow for me to make it to the pool very often, I will attempt to throw in some of the P90X workouts in the evenings, provided I'm not too exhausted from the 11-12 hour days coming...
    I'll be ready to go again in the fall though.