View RSS Feed

Life in the (not so) fast lane

Hey, let's go for a swim in Lake Erie!

Rate this Entry
With a number of open-water swims coming up over the summer, I've been shifting my focus to workouts outside the pool lately. So when I was up in northeast Ohio over the weekend with some time on my hands, I figured it would be a good opportunity to get in a little extra OW practice in Lake Erie.

The water was 62 degrees, which felt magnificent on a 90-degree day. The downside was that it was really windy out and there were some pretty heavy swells. I kind of got thrown around like a rag doll the whole time. Also, the rocks along the beach are really slippery and I fell on my backside numerous times walking out to and from where it was deep enough to swim. That was kind of embarrassing. Still, I got in a good hour of swimming through some fairly rough water, so it's all good.

Submit "Hey, let's go for a swim in Lake Erie!" to Digg Submit "Hey, let's go for a swim in Lake Erie!" to del.icio.us Submit "Hey, let's go for a swim in Lake Erie!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hey, let's go for a swim in Lake Erie!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments