View RSS Feed

The Labours of SwimStud

Fifty Shades of Grey 5/30/12

Rate this Entry
...no not the book, sorry. That was the sky this morning...and it matched my mood. I didn't really get into this swim; it was a "going through the motions" swim. Last night was very hot and heavy, and no, not like in the book.
The A/C isn't working at home so I had trouble sleeping in the heat even after a fierce T-storm...add to that a snoring spouse who would going into hyper-drive every time I began to drift off...I felt like crap this am.
anyhow I did one of Fort's but opted to do some technique focus pulling instead of kicking as my ankle is not happy with kicking.

Warm up:

200 swim
200 IM drill
200 kick
100 scull

Main Sets:

4 x (5 x 50 w/fins) @ 1:00/1:10/1:15
1 = 15 UW + 35 build
2 = EZ
3 = 25 fast + 25 EZ
4 = 25 UW + 25 build
5 = EZ
masters minutes<---wasn't sure what this meant.

5 x 100 stroke @ 2:00/2:15
50 @ 200 pace + 50 perfect technique
All Breast

5 x 100 pull w/ snork @ :20-:30 rest.
BR, FL, FR,FL, BR
300 EZ

Total: 3000

Submit "Fifty Shades of Grey 5/30/12" to Digg Submit "Fifty Shades of Grey 5/30/12" to del.icio.us Submit "Fifty Shades of Grey 5/30/12" to StumbleUpon Submit "Fifty Shades of Grey 5/30/12" to Google

Updated May 30th, 2012 at 11:23 AM by SwimStud

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Chris and Patrick are frequently referring to taking a "masters minute." This means a minute between sets. Presumably kids don't get any extra rest (stupid!). I was trying to say take a bunch of masters minutes, not just one.

I can't imagine sleeping without AC ...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Chris and Patrick are frequently referring to taking a "masters minute." This means a minute between sets. Presumably kids don't get any extra rest (stupid!). I was trying to say take a bunch of masters minutes, not just one.

I can't imagine sleeping without AC ...
    Ah.. I didn't take any...that set needed a minute though in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    Ah.. I didn't take any...that set needed a minute though in retrospect.
    No break at all?! I always take masters minutes no matter what I'm doing.
    I banged 'em all out on 1:00 was doing SCY though...so got a good :20...but a niute between might have been better for more aggressive swimming.